Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installing a Sky dish - DIY or not ?

Hi all
We're moving house in the near future.
We already have a Sky+ box.

Was wondering whether fitting a Sky dish in the new house is
considered to be a fairly easy 'diy' task - or if it's worth 'getting
a man in' g.

I've fitted terrestrial aerials many times before, and I watched what
the Sky-monkey did when he fitted this little dish - didn't look
over-complicated.
I guess I'd need to purchase an in-line signal meter, plus a new
quad-lnb dish & cable - dishes seem to be about £20 and meters under
£10 (both eBay prices)

Anybody done this successfully ?
Any advice - anything to avoid ??

Thanks