Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New drivers

On 05/10/2011 20:46, Dave wrote:
Are they all taught to stand on the foot brake when they come to a stop
in traffic, instead of using the hand brake and are they not taught to
use the gear box for slowing down, so they are in the right gear at all
times?

From the experiences of my youngsters, I would say they are taught
engine braking, but often can't do it, so end up clutch-in and braking
hard. But all my women friends do it also, so maybe it's the fact that
many more driving instructors are female these days...

New drivers Pete Shew UK diy 11 October 8th 11 12:01 AM
New drivers airsmoothed UK diy 33 October 7th 11 04:15 PM
New drivers Gib Bogle[_3_] UK diy 3 October 7th 11 11:20 AM
New drivers Peter Parry UK diy 0 October 5th 11 10:17 PM
Drivers on more than just the CPU Steven Graham Electronics 0 October 1st 06 03:37 PM