DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New drivers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/329474-re-new-drivers.html)

Maria October 7th 11 12:46 AM

New drivers

On 05/10/2011 20:46, Dave wrote:
Are they all taught to stand on the foot brake when they come to a stop
in traffic, instead of using the hand brake and are they not taught to
use the gear box for slowing down, so they are in the right gear at all
times?

From the experiences of my youngsters, I would say they are taught
engine braking, but often can't do it, so end up clutch-in and braking
hard. But all my women friends do it also, so maybe it's the fact that
many more driving instructors are female these days...