Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default a (delicate) question for hardened hikers

NoSpam wrote:
On 11/09/2011 23:01, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:31:50 +0100, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

Maybe smartwool would be worth a shot?

The most effective wicking material is polyester as it does not absorb
moisture but transfers it well. Cotton is one of the worst and wool
in between but nearer polyester than cotton. Polyester can also be
made to be very slippy so in compression shorts it grips the skin
firmly (no movement and no friction), wicks moisture away and has
little friction between outer clothing and the compression shorts.

The trick is to get shorts which are skin tight and move with your
body - there should be no movement at all between the shorts and the
skin.

My problem is caused by the cheeks rubbing against each other (rather
than against clothing) so wouldn't compression shorts tend to make this
worse? I've always hated wearing polyester; the wicking tops seem OK but
the HH shorts just seem to cause more sweatiness. Maybe the answer is to
have tightish cotton over the polyester(?)

Simple solution, fill the gap. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCPh...e_gdata_player

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

:-) I hate to think what led you to find that!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

* wrote:

[...]

So you have an accident, get carted off to hospital, the docter/nurse
does a quick examination and discovers your arse is covered in
Vaseline.

Do you think they'll believe your explanation ?

Paul Mc Cann
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simple solution, fill the gap. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCPh...e_gdata_player

Tim

:-) I hate to think what led you to find that!

So you have an accident, get carted off to hospital, the docter/nurse
does a quick examination and discovers your arse is covered in
Vaseline.

Do you think they'll believe your explanation ?

Umm .. my first other half worked in a casualty dept what they found
stuffed up peoples backsides would fill a supermarket;!!...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:42:31 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

Umm .. my first other half worked in a casualty dept what they found
stuffed up peoples backsides would fill a supermarket;!!...

Tesco Value?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:42:31 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

Simple solution, fill the gap. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCPh...e_gdata_player

Tim

:-) I hate to think what led you to find that!

So you have an accident, get carted off to hospital, the docter/nurse
does a quick examination and discovers your arse is covered in
Vaseline.

Do you think they'll believe your explanation ?

Umm .. my first other half worked in a casualty dept what they found
stuffed up peoples backsides would fill a supermarket;!!...

Some years ago, I worked in a hospital and regularly walked through the
black museum. Most of the exhibits were bits of people - but on one side
there was a small glass jar.

Seems someone had turned up at A&E with it stuck. Said he had been a bit
squitty and placed it under in order to drive somewhere without dribbling.
Then he drove over a bump in the road... Emergency operation. Jar sent to
path lab. In time, a report was sent back to the surgery team, "We have to
conclude that, as the label read 'Coleman's English Mustard', this was not
a foreign object."

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/09/2011 17:33, polygonum wrote:
[...]

That has given me the best "laugh out loud" moment for quite a while.
Thankyou! :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
[snip]

Seems someone had turned up at A&E with it stuck. Said he had been a bit
squitty and placed it under in order to drive somewhere without
dribbling. Then he drove over a bump in the road... Emergency operation.
Jar sent to path lab. In time, a report was sent back to the surgery
team, "We have to conclude that, as the label read 'Coleman's English
Mustard', this was not a foreign object."

I can recall a couple of papers from the late 1970s, one was on the subject
of penis injuries caused by misuse of the Hoover Dustette. The researcher
measured the distance from the inlet to the fan blades. It was an inch or
so longer than average penis length. The paper concluded that the "the
novelty of the experience had driven the patients to greater lengths."

The other paper had the catchy title "Construction of a device to remove a
baseball from the rectum". Written IIRC by A E Morgan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Since the discussion has taken an ahem "rearward turn" this most
probably will bring a smile:
www.fugly.com/audio/585/armageddon_letter.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message

[...]