Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing DG, ideas wanted

We're considering replacing at least soem of the double glazing that's
starting to show its age. The concern is upstairs/bedroom windows.

What we want is units that can be cleaned from the inside only. No
ladders, window cleaners, things on long poles, or people with very long arms.
Just windows that have the ability to clean both the inside and
outside surfaces of all the panes from inside the house.

The windows in question are 2.5m swide and 1.2m high. What would you specify?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:20:55 -0700 (PDT), Owain wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:47?pm, root wrote:
What we want is units that can be cleaned from the inside only.
The windows in question are 2.5m swide and 1.2m high. What would you specify?

That's mandatory for windows above ground under Scottish regulations.

Sounds like a plan ... we'll move to scotland
p.s. now many windows do you have _below_ ground?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 6, 7:47?pm, root wrote:
What we want is units that can be cleaned from the inside only.
The windows in question are 2.5m swide and 1.2m high. What would you
specify?

That's mandatory for windows above ground under Scottish regulations.

Sounds like a plan ... we'll move to scotland
p.s. now many windows do you have _below_ ground?

When did that come in to force as I have DG upstairs that only open out.
Just recently moved into this house so DG was probably done a number of
years back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Sep 6, 10:11 pm, root wrote:
That's mandatory for windows above ground under Scottish
regulations.

Sounds like a plan ... we'll move to scotland

Excellent. Free prescriptions, free eye tests, free universities, and
houses that are nearly affordable.

Crap neighbours..

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 6, 7:47*pm, root wrote:
We're considering replacing at least soem of the double glazing that's
starting to show its age. The concern is upstairs/bedroom windows.

What we want is units that can be cleaned from the inside only. No
ladders, window cleaners, things on long poles, or people with very long arms.
Just windows that have the ability to clean both the inside and
outside surfaces of all the panes from inside the house.

The windows in question are 2.5m swide and 1.2m high. What would you specify?

My new aluminium windows, made by Smart Windows do this. Mind you I
don't bother to clean them as I had Pilkington's self-cleaning glass
put in on the outside. It didn't cost much extra. The glass never
looks as clean as if you had cleaned it but it never really gets
dirty. The only thing that does stick to it is spiders' webs.

Jonathan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 6, 7:47?pm, root wrote:
What we want is units that can be cleaned from the inside only.
The windows in question are 2.5m swide and 1.2m high. What would you
specify?

That's mandatory for windows above ground under Scottish regulations.

Sounds like a plan ... we'll move to scotland
p.s. now many windows do you have _below_ ground?

When did that come in to force as I have DG upstairs that only open out.
Just recently moved into this house so DG was probably done a number of
years back.

my parents house, built in 1939, had hinges on the upstairs sashes, but I
doubt if it was mandatory at the time.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

Linear bearing: ideas wanted newshound UK diy 2 April 23rd 10 01:22 PM
Ideas wanted (metal related) Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Metalworking 8 March 31st 10 08:19 PM
Ideas wanted Vass[_7_] UK diy 10 March 13th 09 07:38 PM
Ideas wanted for Go-kart spongehead Electronics Repair 12 July 15th 05 04:06 PM
wanted, 12 or 14" lathe, or some help and ideas [email protected] Metalworking 11 January 19th 05 06:03 PM