Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stainless Steel offcut ?

Just been fabricating a stainless steel set of brackets .. and used an old
piece of stainless sheet (3.23mm thick ) presumably imperial plate.

Anybody know of somewhere that sell off cuts of Stainless .... I only need
one piece to finish a strap ... 30 x 3 x 600

I tried fleabay .. and the only seller wants a very high price.
Just tried a local fabrication shop, only pieces of stainless they has was
some very thin sheet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
Just been fabricating a stainless steel set of brackets .. and used an old
piece of stainless sheet (3.23mm thick ) presumably imperial plate.

Anybody know of somewhere that sell off cuts of Stainless .... I only need
one piece to finish a strap ... 30 x 3 x 600

I tried fleabay .. and the only seller wants a very high price.
Just tried a local fabrication shop, only pieces of stainless they has was
some very thin sheet.

http://www.paneltec.co.uk/contact.htm

Ask for Tim. Say you got his name from Baz.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Rick Hughes
writes
Just been fabricating a stainless steel set of brackets .. and used an old
piece of stainless sheet (3.23mm thick ) presumably imperial plate.

Anybody know of somewhere that sell off cuts of Stainless .... I only need
one piece to finish a strap ... 30 x 3 x 600

I tried fleabay .. and the only seller wants a very high price.
Just tried a local fabrication shop, only pieces of stainless they has was
some very thin sheet.

I've found Metal Supermarkets good for offcuts although my local place
has got a bit sniffy about me wandering round and looking.

They will also have strip in stock or on short lead, no need to buy the
whole strip, no min order.

There is a website:
http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/msc...spx?Country=GB
but it is awful, best looking in yellow pages to see if you have a local
one.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Baz" wrote in message

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
Just been fabricating a stainless steel set of brackets .. and used an
old piece of stainless sheet (3.23mm thick ) presumably imperial plate.

Anybody know of somewhere that sell off cuts of Stainless .... I only
need one piece to finish a strap ... 30 x 3 x 600

I tried fleabay .. and the only seller wants a very high price.
Just tried a local fabrication shop, only pieces of stainless they has
was some very thin sheet.

http://www.paneltec.co.uk/contact.htm

Ask for Tim. Say you got his name from Baz.

I'll give him a go ... Ta

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2011 11:45, Rick Hughes wrote:
Just been fabricating a stainless steel set of brackets .. and used an
old piece of stainless sheet (3.23mm thick ) presumably imperial plate.

Anybody know of somewhere that sell off cuts of Stainless .... I only
need one piece to finish a strap ... 30 x 3 x 600

Mallard Metals

http://www.mallardmetals.co.uk

list 3mm x 30mm at 4.12gbp / ft.

Never used them, but they're often mentioned on another newsgroup.

--
Kevin Poole

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin Poole" wrote in message
On 30/08/2011 11:45, Rick Hughes wrote:
Just been fabricating a stainless steel set of brackets .. and used an
old piece of stainless sheet (3.23mm thick ) presumably imperial plate.

Anybody know of somewhere that sell off cuts of Stainless .... I only
need one piece to finish a strap ... 30 x 3 x 600

Mallard Metals

http://www.mallardmetals.co.uk

list 3mm x 30mm at 4.12gbp / ft.

Never used them, but they're often mentioned on another newsgroup.

Bloody 'ell they are expensive for aluminium flat bar.
£2 + vat per inch of what I want 1 1/4" x 2" , metal supermarket are
expensive but do 39 inches for ~£65 inc.
Ebay has some at £39 for 2m.

Wanted: Acrylic offcut waste bits News UK diy 5 June 9th 08 09:30 PM
Stainless steel nuts galling on stainless steel bolts spaco Metalworking 15 April 12th 06 06:02 PM
stainless steel kklein Metalworking 7 September 5th 04 04:54 AM
Appliances-Brushed steel Vs Stainless steel DIY Novice UK diy 7 August 24th 04 06:44 PM
Stainless Steel Ricardo Metalworking 4 August 9th 03 03:07 AM