Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Another satellite TV question

We would like to run a satellite receiver in a second room. Our LNB has four
outlets and we are only using two. Is it as simple as just plugging another
lead into the LNB?

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MuddyMike wrote:

We would like to run a satellite receiver in a second room. Our LNB has
four outlets and we are only using two. Is it as simple as just plugging
another lead into the LNB?

Yes, that should work. I have a quad LNB feeding three separate receivers
(one with a dual input) in different locations.

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
MuddyMike wrote:

We would like to run a satellite receiver in a second room. Our LNB has
four outlets and we are only using two. Is it as simple as just plugging
another lead into the LNB?

Yes, that should work. I have a quad LNB feeding three separate receivers
(one with a dual input) in different locations.

Bert

Thanks Bert.

Another question, now that I have started messing with the wires behind the
TV I would like to tidy it all up. At present we have 5 wires coming in
through a hole in the wall all of which plug straight into the equipment. I
have heard of Modular outlets that allow several different cable types to
connect via 1 common faceplate. Is such a thing available to take 2
satellite cables, 1 aerial cable, 1 telephone cable and 1 computer network
cable.

I found this http://www.screwfix.com/p/screened-q...d-module/73677 on
screwfix which gets me part the way there but can't match it up with a
telephone and network module that will fit in the same faceplate. Any
guidance appreciated.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MuddyMike
writes

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
news:TsydnQSDxpiN5KvTnZ2dnUVZ8nqdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
MuddyMike wrote:

[...]

This has more options:

http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page15b.htm
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MuddyMike
wrote
I found this http://www.screwfix.com/p/screened-q...d-module/73677 on
screwfix which gets me part the way there but can't match it up with a
telephone and network module that will fit in the same faceplate. Any
guidance appreciated.

Something appears to be wrong with the description. It says Quadplexed
outlet which suggests one cable in and 4 different outputs. As it has
two satellite outputs and as they cannot share the same cable the
wall-plate probably uses two input cables.

These type of wall-plates assume that you have first combined the
signals from, say, a TV aerial, a FM aerial, a DAB aerial and one
satellite LNB output into a single cable, say in your loft and then
brought this cable into the wall-plate where the signal are split apart.
You don't have to use the FM/DAB facility at either end. This would not
suite your 5 current cable arrangement.

Look towards the end of the page in the following link to see how some
of these wall-plates work
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/loftbox4.htm

Without network
http://www.triax.co.uk/Products/Wall...eened%20Outlet
s.aspx?productId={F44967B9-2E2F-488E-8AF0-34184D2C9A5D}&Tab=0

--
Alan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/08/2011 22:35, Alan wrote:
In message , MuddyMike
wrote
[...]

I had a similar situation, needing to put aerial in and out and twin
satellite connections into an existing single gang box. I used one of
these quadplexed faceplates and simply removed the gubbins and soldered
the cables directly to the back of the connectors.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve Walker
wrote

I had a similar situation, needing to put aerial in and out and twin
satellite connections into an existing single gang box. I used one of
these quadplexed faceplates and simply removed the gubbins and soldered
the cables directly to the back of the connectors.

Fit F plugs to all incoming cables
Drill and fit F barrel connectors in the faceplate
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/referen...-outlet-plates.
pdf
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-F-F-So...Joiner-Coupler
-/270468166512?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash =item3ef928b370
Only use F plug to F plug fly-leads using a decent satellite quality
cable. http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/coax-cable-quality.shtml
Use F to Belling Lee Adapters where the input/output is a TV or radio.
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/F_coax/
Available cheaply from Ebay sellers

Related
http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/reference/V37-103outlet.pdf

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 22:35:31 +0100, Alan wrote:
In message , MuddyMike
wrote
[...]

Talking about loftboxes and this one in particular. I got a little
concerned when I saw this on their page:

"It handles modulated RF signals, not raw video. Modulated RF
signals will give "average" picture quality which will usually
be fine on a 14" portable TV and acceptable on a 21"
The more signals you try to feed in to the Loft Box, the worse
the picture quality is likely to be."

and it doesn't mention HD signals. On the basis that things which
aren't specifically included won't work, can I conclude that these
loftboxes will not handle HD signals? Or thatthey'll be massively
degraded.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

root wrote:

On the basis that things which
aren't specifically included won't work, can I conclude that these
loftboxes will not handle HD signals? Or thatthey'll be massively
degraded.

If/when your area has its DSO you'll receive the HDMUX (so long as you
have a DVB-T2 TV/PVR) the loftbox won't know or care the difference from
the SD muxes, however you can't modulate an HD signal and pass it up to
the loftbox for distribution to the rest of the house, the TVs couldn't
receive it, nothing to do with the loftbox.