Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Satellite quatro low noise block question

On Sep 22, 2:59 pm, "
wrote:
On Sep 22, 1:04 pm, Peter Scott wrote:

I have now set up a couple of satellite TV systems using universal low
noise blocks. I now want to use a quatro LNB. I've bought a titanium.

My question is which of the four LNB F sockets should be fed with power
by the Satlook meter? Obviously I have to choose one of the sockets to
connect to in order to align the dish. But which one? Or can it be any
socket? Can't find the answer to this either on Smart's site nor through
Google.

Peter Scott

If a true quad-LNB, then I would think any. They are designed to
"look" like independent LNB's to the receiver so each receiver can
change band and polarisation.

HTH
Mark

Hmm ... maybe not so straightforward - seems that Quattro is different
to quad.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb.htm (scroll some way down)

"Quattro universal LNB"
This has four fixed outputs and is used only in "head end" I.F.
distribution systems for apartment blocks. One LNB supplies a head end
unit that can provide (typically) up to 16 outputs for separate
Digiboxes. The four outputs of the LNB are as follows:-

1. Horizontal polarisation low band
2. Horizontal polarisation high band
3. Vertical polarisation low band
4. Vertical polarisation high band

You should not connect any of the outputs, 1 - 4, directly to a
receiver unless you want to restrict viewing to just one of the four
options.