Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Satellite quatro low noise block question

On Sep 22, 1:04 pm, Peter Scott wrote:
I have now set up a couple of satellite TV systems using universal low
noise blocks. I now want to use a quatro LNB. I've bought a titanium.

My question is which of the four LNB F sockets should be fed with power
by the Satlook meter? Obviously I have to choose one of the sockets to
connect to in order to align the dish. But which one? Or can it be any
socket? Can't find the answer to this either on Smart's site nor through
Google.

Peter Scott

If a true quad-LNB, then I would think any. They are designed to
"look" like independent LNB's to the receiver so each receiver can
change band and polarisation.

HTH
Mark
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:17:26 +0100 someone who may be F
news@nowhere wrote this:-

On 23/09/2008 16:20 Andy Wade wrote:

There's at least one make of switch which can provide 13 V on the
vertical inputs and 22 kHz on the high-band inputs, enabling a standard
quad LNB to be used.

That would be a Vision multiswitch. I've got a V75 508A in the loft
connected to a quad LNB.

What's the point? A quattro is cheaper and simpler (and thus
probably more reliable). Will many people have a quad and then want
a distribution system?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , David Hansen
scribeth thus
news@nowhere wrote this:-

On 23/09/2008 16:20 Andy Wade wrote:

There's at least one make of switch which can provide 13 V on the
vertical inputs and 22 kHz on the high-band inputs, enabling a standard
quad LNB to be used.

That would be a Vision multiswitch. I've got a V75 508A in the loft
connected to a quad LNB.

What's the point? A quattro is cheaper and simpler (and thus
probably more reliable). Will many people have a quad and then want
a distribution system?

If you want to add in terrestrial TV and Radio then perhaps Yes...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2008 20:07 David Hansen wrote:

What's the point?

I already had a quad in place.

Will many people have a quad and then want
a distribution system?

I did.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2008 21:40 tony sayer wrote:

If you want to add in terrestrial TV and Radio then perhaps Yes...

That's what I'm in the process of doing. Just need to renew the FM
aerial lead first as it's full of water.