Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WTF is going on with diesel prices again?

Diesel seems to be up 6p/litre in the last 2 weeks round my way and we
are back at May 11 prices. from 132.9p-138.9p at the supermarkets
Dollar exchange and crude prices seem to be fairly stable in that period
so whats up now?

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Diesel seems to be up 6p/litre in the last 2 weeks round my way and we are
back at May 11 prices. from 132.9p-138.9p at the supermarkets
Dollar exchange and crude prices seem to be fairly stable in that period
so whats up now?

i have noticed they usually put the prices down for a week or so, then bring
it back up at penny every 2 days till it's more than it was before,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:07:17 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

Diesel seems to be up 6p/litre in the last 2 weeks round my way and we
are back at May 11 prices. from 132.9p-138.9p at the supermarkets

136.9 @ Tesco Carlisle this afternoon. 'twas 140.9 during April but
fell through May to 136.9 at the start of June, fairly stable since.
ie up to 137.9 down to 135.9.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , "Gazz" wrote:

i have noticed they usually put the prices down for a week or so, then bring
it back up at penny every 2 days till it's more than it was before,

Spot on. *******s.

moan

Whilst on the subject: anyone noticed the price of "creosote"
(Creocote, Creoseal, etc)? It's now 6.50 for 4 litres around here --
was an-already-scandalous 4.50 a few months ago. I saw that B&Q have it
at "Only"[1] £9.80 for 4 litres at the moment. When I asked a dealer
about the price he said: "well it's based on oil isn't it - oil's gone
up". Good job diesel/petrol hasn't gone up by the same amount in the
last year.

/moan

General point: I think the time has come in global economics when the
corporations have finally realised that they have become so powerful
that they can do whatever they jolly well please -- and screw "the
market".

---

[1] B&Q put "Only" in front of *all* of their prices. Not a very high
opinion of the intelligence of the average B&Q shopper, then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:07:17 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

Diesel seems to be up 6p/litre in the last 2 weeks round my way and we
are back at May 11 prices. from 132.9p-138.9p at the supermarkets

136.9 @ Tesco Carlisle this afternoon. 'twas 140.9 during April but
fell through May to 136.9 at the start of June, fairly stable since.
ie up to 137.9 down to 135.9.

Shell have 2 stations here about 1/2 mile apart. They have just dug up
the forecourt of the distant one and put up the price on the near one to
142.9, so I now have to drive a few miles to where it's still 138.9. And
we are almost near enough to smell the refinery.

Why have all the refineries been being sold off by the likes of Shell &
BP. There must be something they are not saying.

And did anyone hear that Shell man today saying they had made record
profits (5 billion?) ,but the price would have to keep going up?
--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice wrote
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:07:17 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

Diesel seems to be up 6p/litre in the last 2 weeks round my way and we
are back at May 11 prices. from 132.9p-138.9p at the supermarkets

136.9 @ Tesco Carlisle this afternoon. 'twas 140.9 during April but
fell through May to 136.9 at the start of June, fairly stable since.
ie up to 137.9 down to 135.9.

But Tesco put it up by 5p litre just before they have a "get 5p/litre
off if you spend £50 in the store" offer.
--
Alan

Welding an oil pan on a 3-53 diesel Larry Jaques[_3_] Metalworking 10 January 4th 11 05:38 AM
OT Diesel engines Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 116 December 5th 08 09:25 AM
Propane/diesel? SteveB Metalworking 14 September 20th 08 08:35 AM
Diesel Fuel Gerald Miller Metalworking 1 August 22nd 08 01:04 PM
1 ton diesel milage Karl Townsend Metalworking 42 November 6th 07 12:24 AM