Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Welding an oil pan on a 3-53 diesel

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 04:16:05 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...
snip-

coffee filter.

Oh yeah! They work just fine. Takes a little time, but they do one hell
of a job.

Harold

Don't do it unless you want to wait a week. It will fill up with fine gunk,
and then won't flow. Successively finer paper cone paint filters, I tell
ya.

They come in different meshes?!? I've only seen one mesh on them
until now. IDAGS and now find "med" and "fine", too. I thought 100
mesh was the standard.

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
t...

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...
snip-

coffee filter.

Oh yeah! They work just fine. Takes a little time, but they do one hell
of a job.

Harold

Don't do it unless you want to wait a week. It will fill up with fine gunk,
and then won't flow. Successively finer paper cone paint filters, I tell
ya.

They come in different meshes?!? I've only seen one mesh on them
until now. IDAGS and now find "med" and "fine", too. I thought 100
mesh was the standard.

I filtered through a rag, that was good enough for me, I just wanted
to eliminate the crap that accidentally ended up in the plastic oil
pan that I put under the engine.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
et...

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...
snip-

coffee filter.

Oh yeah! They work just fine. Takes a little time, but they do one
hell
of a job.

Harold

Don't do it unless you want to wait a week. It will fill up with fine
gunk,
and then won't flow. Successively finer paper cone paint filters, I tell
ya.

They come in different meshes?!? I've only seen one mesh on them
until now. IDAGS and now find "med" and "fine", too. I thought 100
mesh was the standard.

I filtered through a rag, that was good enough for me, I just wanted
to eliminate the crap that accidentally ended up in the plastic oil
pan that I put under the engine.

You must be in a warm part of our planet. It hasn't gotten above freezing
here for a week or more now.

Steve, in SW Utah

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...
snip-

coffee filter.

Oh yeah! They work just fine. Takes a little time, but they do one hell
of a job.

Harold

Don't do it unless you want to wait a week. It will fill up with fine gunk,
and then won't flow. Successively finer paper cone paint filters, I tell
ya.

They come in different meshes?!? I've only seen one mesh on them
until now. IDAGS and now find "med" and "fine", too. I thought 100
mesh was the standard.

I filtered through a rag, that was good enough for me, I just wanted
to eliminate the crap that accidentally ended up in the plastic oil
pan that I put under the engine.

Yeah, it'll be filtered properly before it's circulated in the engine,
anyway.

--
Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins
when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in
order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary.
-- Peter Minard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
. net...

"Califbill" wrote in message
[...]

It is wel below freezing here, too. But in my trailer it is nice and warm.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Califbill" wrote in message
[...]

Just set a 114 year record in Toronto Ontario at 13 degrees C
yesterday.That's over 55F.

I'm about 60 miles from Toronto

We had a white christmas, and a green new years.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

om...
wrote:

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
.net...

"Califbill" wrote in message
[...]

And its snowing like a bitch here in California and the passes all
round me are closed.

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Califbill" wrote in message
news:4M6dneXrZL4He4LQnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d@earthli nk.com...
[...]

We had a white christmas, and a green new years.- Hide quoted text -

We had the opposite, brown Christmas and white New Year. Went from 55
one day to 2 below the next. Have to have good batteries and motor
oil to keep going with that sort of swing. Not unusual for the area,
the record temps are over 100 degrees F apart for Jan. Guys can be
golfing in shorts one day and need snow shoes the next. I can
actually get some short outside projects done in the warm spells, just
can't count on it staying that way.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote

And its snowing like a bitch here in California and the passes all
round me are closed.

Gunner

Snowed here in SW Utah last night. About 4 inches here at 3700' elev. It
has been too cold the previous nights, down in the low teens. Last night
was 28. Supposed to warm up this week to near forty.

That means only one thing.

MUD!

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" on Mon, 3 Jan 2011 07:28:25

"Gunner Asch" wrote

And its snowing like a bitch here in California and the passes all
round me are closed.

Gunner

Snowed here in SW Utah last night. About 4 inches here at 3700' elev. It
has been too cold the previous nights, down in the low teens. Last night
was 28. Supposed to warm up this week to near forty.

That means only one thing.

MUD!

Yeah. We've had snow on the ground, and the freezing temps it
requires, for the last week. But the rains are due back Wednesday. I
think I'm going to stay off the roads Wednesday morning - while the
rains wash the sand off the ice before the ice melts completely ...
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Welding an oil pan on a 3-53 diesel Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 0 January 1st 11 11:46 PM
Can anyone ID this Detroit Diesel? [email protected] Metalworking 2 December 25th 10 07:02 AM
Diesel Fuel Gerald Miller Metalworking 1 August 22nd 08 01:04 PM
OT - petrol in diesel car Nobody UK diy 30 September 5th 07 12:25 AM
Welding Aluminum (WAS: Welding Magnesium) tony Metalworking 5 November 7th 03 01:21 AM