Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can anyone ID this Detroit Diesel?

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:24:38 -0600, Ignoramus1592
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Detroit-Diesel.jpg

What attracted me to it was that the air intake (or exhaust) on the
turbocharger was taped with duct tape. So, I thought, someone cared
about it enough to tape it. The auction said "detroit diesel series
350 power unit". But the auctioneer does not always know what he is
describing, for example the rotary table and a separate backplate in
one lot, was described as "lathe chuck".

So... Anyone has seen this sort of thing before?

That looks like a number 1231.

Ok...sorry.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Detroit-Diesel.jpg

I can't see enough detail to tell, but it's about the size of a 6V51

(if so, and it's not too worn out, that's a good motor)

LLoyd