Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Can teens Be Trusted To Do Anything?

Lazy ******* teenager here not delivering the "cancer clothing collection"
bags properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03uQxcEopI

Why not just pop it on the neighbours wheeliebin at the other side of the
fence whilst it is windy instead of posting it through their letterbox?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

Lazy ******* teenager here not delivering the "cancer clothing collection"
bags properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03uQxcEopI

Why not just pop it on the neighbours wheeliebin at the other side of the
fence whilst it is windy instead of posting it through their letterbox?

I have about thirty of those clothing bags in my hall cupboard, If I had
to fill everyone I'd have no clothes left to wear, and still they come
through the letter box on an almost daily basis.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsular.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
In message
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

Lazy ******* teenager here not delivering the "cancer clothing
collection"
bags properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K03uQxcEopI

Why not just pop it on the neighbours wheeliebin at the other side of the
fence whilst it is windy instead of posting it through their letterbox?

I have about thirty of those clothing bags in my hall cupboard, If I had
to fill everyone I'd have no clothes left to wear, and still they come
through the letter box on an almost daily basis.

They're just free bin-liners, really.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , PeterC
writes

I put out half a dozen of those bags (unused) yesterday and they'd gone when
I got home, so I hope that the Air Ambulance chaps took them.

I hope so too, but:

http://tinyurl.com/6df6b3o

http://tinyurl.com/688efo3

--
Mike Tomlinson
Posted to uk.d-i-y

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 29/05/2011 17:56, ARWadsworth wrote:
Lazy ******* teenager here not delivering the "cancer clothing
collection" bags properly.

Why is it all these "delivery" types look like they are using the bag
delivery/distribution as a chance to case out houses and areas for
later "visits" ...

I wouldn't advise anyone put out clothes to these scam-sters but get a
pre-booked door step collection and give significantly MORE money
direct to the charity of your choice...

http://www.ragandphone.com/eng/door_to_door/
Not used them but looks like a significantly better option less
suceptible to middle-man fraud.

Or drop it off at your local charity shop if they accept rags. Our local
hospice shop receive 60p per kg for fabrics (obviously more if they can be
sold as clothes in the shop).

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:09:28 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article , PeterC
writes

I put out half a dozen of those bags (unused) yesterday and they'd gone when
I got home, so I hope that the Air Ambulance chaps took them.

I hope so too, but:

http://tinyurl.com/6df6b3o

http://tinyurl.com/688efo3

Yes, I did wonder if some pikey would take the unused bags for opportunistic
purposes, but they weren't too obvious but wrere just where my neighbour
puts her bags (none this time), so I hope that they went back to the
'owners'.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:35:50 +0100, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

On 29/05/2011 17:56, ARWadsworth wrote:
Lazy ******* teenager here not delivering the "cancer clothing collection"
bags properly.

Why is it all these "delivery" types look like they are using the bag
delivery/distribution as a chance to case out houses and areas for later
"visits" ...

I wouldn't advise anyone put out clothes to these scam-sters but get a
pre-booked door step collection and give significantly MORE money direct
to the charity of your choice...

http://www.ragandphone.com/eng/door_to_door/
Not used them but looks like a significantly better option less
suceptible to middle-man fraud.

Pete

Does look a better option. I was involved with a charity that got good money
for rags and unsold clothes that were useable as such. That was many years
ago and I don't know of any nowadays.

I really must put up a notice saying "No charity bags"[1] - there's a limit
to how many might come in useful some day!

[1] DIY!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away