Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT Can teens Be Trusted To Do Anything?

On 1 Jun 2011 16:01:49 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:20:46 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article ,
writes

I have about thirty of those clothing bags in my hall cupboard, If I had
to fill everyone I'd have no clothes left to wear, and still they come
through the letter box on an almost daily basis.

What you're not told is that the bags are collected by commercial
companies who sell on for profit the clothes you think you've donated to
charity.

Those bags make useful free kitchen bin liners.

Sweepimg generalisation, surely? Some are genuine, and it's usually easy
to tell.

The local Air Ambulance one is, but that wants only "good quality" clothes
so most of my stuff is no good - it goes to a clothes bank at Tesco if I
remember. That leaves little more than my outdoor gear and I'm /not/ giving
away Paramo equipment.

I put out half a dozen of those bags (unused) yesterday and they'd gone when
I got home, so I hope that the Air Ambulance chaps took them.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away