Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi plumbers pliers set.

FYI this is back on offer. Quality is excellent, I bought a set 5 years
ago & use them all the time. The water pump pliers are the sort where
one part goes through the other, rather than by the side. The waste
fitting pliers are really good for plastic compression fittings.

Bargain of the year at £8.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...11-05-06-11-51
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 7, 9:03*am, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Bargain of the year at £8.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...7.htm?WT.mc_id...

Seconded. The water pump pliers aren't the best I've ever used, and I
can grow stilsons in my shed (I think they're the fruit of the Dexion
tree), but it's worth it for the plastic-jawed pair alone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 07 May 2011 09:03:43 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

The waste
fitting pliers are really good for plastic compression fittings.

Bargain of the year at £8.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...11-05-06-11-51

Hello,

I hadn't heard of waste pipe pliers before but both posts recommend
them so I'll certainly take a look. The one thing that puzzles me is
aren't waste compression fittings only supposed to be hand tight? Why
would you need pliers? OTOH if they can be used on sink and basin
traps, I find they do need to be tight to be leak free. In fact, even
when tight and with the supplied washer, I find they need to have
plumbers mait to be leak free!

Thanks,
Stephen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The waste
fitting pliers are really good for plastic compression fittings.

Bargain of the year at £8.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...11-05-06-11-51

Hello,

I hadn't heard of waste pipe pliers before but both posts recommend
them so I'll certainly take a look. The one thing that puzzles me is
aren't waste compression fittings only supposed to be hand tight? Why
would you need pliers?

Some times they need that extra 'graunch' to stop them leaking &
sometimes they are positioned so its hard to get a grip with your hand.

V OTOH if they can be used on sink and basin
traps, I find they do need to be tight to be leak free. In fact, even
when tight and with the supplied washer, I find they need to have
plumbers mait to be leak free!

They do work on wastes & I agree, they are a PITA to seal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/05/2011 11:00, Andy Dingley wrote:
On May 7, 9:03 am, The Medway
wrote:

Bargain of the year at £8.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...7.htm?WT.mc_id...

Seconded. The water pump pliers aren't the best I've ever used,

I reckon they are the best I've ever used :-)

and I
can grow stilsons in my shed (I think they're the fruit of the Dexion
tree),

WD40 is an excellent fertiliser for stiltsons

but it's worth it for the plastic-jawed pair alone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Medway Handyman
saying something like:

Bargain of the year at £8.

Picked up a set this morning - ok, but especially the waste pliers are
worth it.