Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any source for glass lids?

I dug out an old Kenwood slow cooker, but the lid has disappeared over
the years. The sc hasn't been used much so I'd like to get it back into
service, but need to find a lid for it. Iirc it came with a crockery
lid, but a glass one will do. All I need is a nine-inch dia lid, with
handle or knob.
Anyone know a UK stockist of Pyrex or similar suppliers, along the lines
of this US stockist?...
http://www.classickitchensandmore.co...-lids-c-9.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2011 17:12, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
I dug out an old Kenwood slow cooker, but the lid has disappeared over
the years. The sc hasn't been used much so I'd like to get it back into
service, but need to find a lid for it. Iirc it came with a crockery
lid, but a glass one will do. All I need is a nine-inch dia lid, with
handle or knob.
Anyone know a UK stockist of Pyrex or similar suppliers, along the lines
of this US stockist?...
http://www.classickitchensandmore.co...-lids-c-9.html

Ikea do a flat glass lid with a metal lift up handle in the middle in
various sizes

it's called Stabil costs £4.69 and is 24cm diameter, which might just do
you.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50112528

I have them for my saucepans, they're very neat because they fold flat
and take up mimimum space.

they used to do a 26cm one which would exactly fit the bill but it's not
on the catalogue now. They might still have one in the shops I suppose.

dedics

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I dug out an old Kenwood slow cooker, but the lid has disappeared over
the years. The sc hasn't been used much so I'd like to get it back
into service, but need to find a lid for it. Iirc it came with a
crockery lid, but a glass one will do. All I need is a nine-inch dia
lid, with handle or knob.

Any reason[1] why you can't just put a plate on top of it - with a bit
of kitchen foil underneath if you want a better seal?

[1] other than aesthetics which given my DIY abilities I tend to
deprecate
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Robin" saying
something like:

Any reason[1] why you can't just put a plate on top of it - with a bit
of kitchen foil underneath if you want a better seal?

It would work well enough, but if a lid can be got cheaply, I'd prefer
that. Istr the last time it was used the top was actually a plate, so
the original lid must've been lost or broken before that (some eighteen
years ago).

[1] other than aesthetics which given my DIY abilities I tend to
deprecate

Function rules
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian & Hilda Dedic
saying something like:

Ikea do a flat glass lid with a metal lift up handle in the middle in
various sizes

it's called Stabil costs £4.69 and is 24cm diameter, which might just do
you.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50112528

Oh, so close.
If the dia of the lip/lip was 23cm it would be perfect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Ian & Hilda Dedic
saying something like:

Ikea do a flat glass lid with a metal lift up handle in the middle in
various sizes

it's called Stabil costs £4.69 and is 24cm diameter, which might just do
you.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50112528

Oh, so close.
If the dia of the lip/lip was 23cm it would be perfect.

Angle grinder !

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 6, 8:41*pm, Owain wrote:
On May 6, 8:08*pm, "Robin" *wrote:

Any reason[1] why you can't just put a plate on top of it - with a bit
of kitchen foil underneath if you want a better seal?

Because plates tend not to have knobs on .

I suppose a plate could be drilled and a knob affixed with a bolt.

Owain

The advantage of the plate method is that you also end up with a warm
plate or two to serve the contents of the slow cooker on.