Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Source for Amber Glass (for Stickley Repro)

Jim Kooi wrote:
I'm making a Stickley Music Cabinet (#70) and would like to use
authentic
hammered amber glass for the door. Anyone know of a source?

Jim

I have worked with stained Glass for several years form lamps to doors
and windows. Most of the information has already been posted
excellent
sources online are Delphi, Warner Crevillaro in PA. If you are loking
for a particular texture and color I highly suggest you look at
various
glass in person close to where you live. Glass will vary greatly in
texture and color especially if you are looking at expensive European
hand rolled glass. It is not easy looking at pictures of glass to
appreciate the textures and color especially under a light (amazing
difference).