Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler not striking up (again)!

In article ,
says...
But whos 10cc of spunk?

A Lovin' Spoonful, Shirley?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes
Geof never worked on a Marconi military contract as he claimed.

He really doesn't have a clue and is making it up to score points.

Certainly did you waste of 10cc of spunk

I worked on Enhanced SCOT at MSDS Stanmore and Nimrod AWACS at
Marconi Avionivs at Hemel Hempstead

I will state it again as you are thick.
That is not a part of Marconi and never has been.
You did not work for Marconi.
I think you are making it all up as you really should know what
company you worked for and you plainly don't.

Oh do **** off you tedious, clueless little cretin

You've dug yourself into another hole and you're trying to pretend
your way out

Its quite simple.. I worked for Marconi, you didn't.

Which marconi and where?

You just can't admit that you didn't even know who you worked for (if
you did).

Shall I just copy and paste from above

I worked on Enhanced SCOT at MSDS Stanmore and Nimrod AWACS at

Marconi Avionivs at Hemel Hempstead

and

Oh do **** off you tedious, clueless little cretin

You've dug yourself into another hole and you're trying to pretend
your way out

How can you be so stupid as to dispute what is a matter of provable
historic fact

How can you be so stupid as to actually keep posting evidence that you
didn't work for Marconi plc

I have never said that I worked for marconi plc

plcs were not around when I worked for marconi (from about 1978)

marconi was part of Arnnie Weinstocks GEC group

To be precise, as I have actually typed above, I worked for Marconi
Space and Defence Systems Ltd at the Grove in Stanmore

There are quite a few people here who are ex marconi and know exactly
what I mean of I just say "marconi"

British Aerospace (as they were) were a completely separate company

You can now apologise

and not actually realise that you worked for a division of BAe systems
which had nothing to do with Marconi plc.
I still think you are making it up, if you weren't you would have
admitted your error by now.

I realise that you have personality problems, just try and keep them
under control eh?

Its you that thinks you are always right even when you post stuff that
proves you are wrong.
As for the others they are really stupid for believing you.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/11 21:49, ARWadsworth wrote:

Have you got a valid point?

It's Dennis so surely a rhetorical question.

--
Bernard Peek

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Skipweasel
writes
In article ,
says...
But whos 10cc of spunk?

A Lovin' Spoonful, Shirley?

He was asking the name of the battleship the crew came from

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
news
I have never said that I worked for marconi plc

plcs were not around when I worked for marconi (from about 1978)

marconi was part of Arnnie Weinstocks GEC group

Marconi didn't exist when Annie was around.

To be precise, as I have actually typed above, I worked for Marconi Space
and Defence Systems Ltd at the Grove in Stanmore

Yeh, but that's the second "Marconi" you have claimed to work for.

There are quite a few people here who are ex marconi and know exactly what
I mean of I just say "marconi"

British Aerospace (as they were) were a completely separate company

You can now apologise

What for you being wrong, not a chance,

You never worked for Marconi at best you worked for a division of gec before
it was sold to BAe systems.
But as you can't even get the divisions name consistent in your posts I
don't believe you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
news
I have never said that I worked for marconi plc

plcs were not around when I worked for marconi (from about 1978)

marconi was part of Arnnie Weinstocks GEC group

Marconi didn't exist when Annie was around.

To be precise, as I have actually typed above, I worked for Marconi
Space and Defence Systems Ltd at the Grove in Stanmore

Yeh, but that's the second "Marconi" you have claimed to work for.

No its not ****forbrains

It was the first, the second was when I worked on Nimrod at Marconi
Avionics in Hemel

There are quite a few people here who are ex marconi and know exactly
what I mean of I just say "marconi"

British Aerospace (as they were) were a completely separate company

You can now apologise

What for you being wrong, not a chance,

You never worked for Marconi at best you worked for a division of gec
before it was sold to BAe systems.
But as you can't even get the divisions name consistent in your posts I
don't believe you.

Stop digging that hole dennis you waste of a gamete

Ooh look -

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchi...0-%203264.html

second paragraph down on the right hand page MArconi Space and Defence

and also two projects I worked on (Marots and Spacelab **)

** Working for a company called Laben in Milan not MSDS

Marconi Avionics ? You're not going to deny that they existed as well
are you?

And where did you work ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , Skipweasel
writes
In article ,
says...
But whos 10cc of spunk?

A Lovin' Spoonful, Shirley?

He was asking the name of the battleship the crew came from

HMS Dennise would be a good name for a flying submarine. Always out of its
depth.

And sinking fast at the moment

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

Whatever you actually did, if you were writing the software as
well as building the hardware,

I didn't build hardware, we had machines and trained people for
that. I commissioned,

Commissioning ?

Hardly front line design then

You like to snip stuff so that you can make stuff up I see.

that's debugging and fixing problems in the design as I don't
expect you to know something that difficult.

Not where the clever people are put, is it

So lets put it in real terms - you were a test engineer

it can't been much of an outfit. Any project of any note would
have its own software design team,

there were several software teams and several hardware teams.
Some only did hardware and some only did software, but I could do
both. I even did some ASIC designs if you know what they are.

A test wallah

Not bright enough to be front line design. Is your name the one that
appears on the design?

No,

There were several hundred engineers working on the project BTW.

Yeah, I've worked on big military projects within Marconi,

Marconi *never* did any military stuff (apart from a small company
that made aircraft windows).
You don't even know who/what Marconi was.

I know how the system works.

Obviously not as you can't even get the company correct.

Test engineers such as yourself would not be responsible for
qualified software. So you programmed a couple of ASICs ... big deal

anyone who mentions that as a highlight of his career really is
grasping at straws

I know you are as you are the only one to do so and you even got that
wrong.
You don't even know the difference between testing and commissioning
or even the fact that its quite normal for the designers to debug the
first off units.
Its not like a boiler where you plug in a couple of cables and check
that it reads the levels OK and switches a couple of relays. They
plug into backplanes and talk to 30+ other cards over multiple serial
and parallel buses. And that's just a small part of the system.

Oh and it has to stay working 365x24 for 20 years with no down time
for upgrades or repairs.

Just because you can't do multiple things doesn't mean its the
norm, it just means you are thicker than others.

WTF are you on about, retard?

To thick to understand?
Ask one of your friends to explain.

You're making it up as you go along, big companies don't work in the
way that your dreams do

so you are either talking ******** or it was a mickey mouse project

You obviously don't have a clue how electronics is actually
designed. You just make it up.

I have only worked as an employee for two years of my working life,
the rest of the time was working as a contractor until I started CET

People who don't have a clue don't last in the contracting world -
prolly why you remained a permie all your life. I was a contractor
for 15 years until I started my own business. I've been running that
quite successfully for 19 years now, I can't be that thick

There is hardware in space, on planes, in ships (SCOT) with my name
on as being the designer

And you?

Just a few thousand places that a few million people use everyday.

Any patents?

Yes.

Any exciting or interesting job locations?

No I just went on holiday to them.
Not being an installation engineer it wasn't required.

No patents then denis?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , Skipweasel
writes
In article ,
says...
But whos 10cc of spunk?

A Lovin' Spoonful, Shirley?

He was asking the name of the battleship the crew came from

HMS Dennise would be a good name for a flying submarine. Always out
of its depth.

And sinking fast at the moment

Not as fast as his mother used to go down on a sailor.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

Any patents?

Yes.

What then ?

Obviously, nobody believes you, prove us wrong

Any exciting or interesting job locations?

No I just went on holiday to them.

Eating fish and chips with a hanky on your head on the beach at
Torremolinos isn't quite the same though dennis

Not being an installation engineer it wasn't required.

No, just a brain dead middle management permie without the ********
to break out and get a real job

-- A bit of a loser
geoff

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
geoff wrote:
In message , Skipweasel
writes
In article ,
says...
But whos 10cc of spunk?

A Lovin' Spoonful, Shirley?

He was asking the name of the battleship the crew came from

HMS Dennise would be a good name for a flying submarine. Always out
of its depth.

And sinking fast at the moment

Not as fast as his mother used to go down on a sailor.

Just one ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bernard Peek wrote:
On 15/04/11 21:49, ARWadsworth wrote:

Have you got a valid point?

It's Dennis so surely a rhetorical question.

Indeed.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Bernard Peek wrote:
On 15/04/11 21:49, ARWadsworth wrote:

Have you got a valid point?

It's Dennis so surely a rhetorical question.

Indeed.

Still waiting for an apology from him ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
Not as fast as his mother used to go down on a sailor.

Naval base full of discharged seamen?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

Marconi *never* did any military stuff (apart from a small company
that made aircraft windows).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Electronic_Systems

"Between 1945 and GEC's demerger of its defence business in 1999, the
company became one of the world's most important defence contractors. "

I don't really need to add anything to that, do I ?

Since I worked there, I can tell you it did little else BUT military.
Airport radars and also radio telescopes, but a lot of radar.

I worked on Sea Wolf, as well. If it was electronics and it was
military, Marconi had a finger in it.

WHY they suddenly decided to try and be Cisco is completely beyond me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Skipweasel
writes
In article ,
says...
Not as fast as his mother used to go down on a sailor.

Naval base full of discharged seamen?

`

You spelt navel incorrectly ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:06:48 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

Marconi *never* did any military stuff (apart from a small
company that
made aircraft windows).
You don't even know who/what Marconi was.

They started with military radio in 1899!

Not to mention underwater systems, and many more.

You really *are* ignorant (or, more likely, trying to score a point)

There was no Marconi plc in 1899.

No Marconi plc company ever did military contracts.

Sounds like you are ignorant.

Geof never worked on a Marconi military contract as he claimed.

He really doesn't have a clue and is making it up to score points.

Certainly did you waste of 10cc of spunk

I worked on Enhanced SCOT at MSDS Stanmore and Nimrod AWACS at
Marconi Avionivs at Hemel Hempstead

I will state it again as you are thick.
That is not a part of Marconi and never has been.
You did not work for Marconi.
I think you are making it all up as you really should know what
company you worked for and you plainly don't.

Oh do **** off you tedious, clueless little cretin

You've dug yourself into another hole and you're trying to pretend
your way out

Its quite simple.. I worked for Marconi, you didn't.
You just can't admit that you didn't even know who you worked for (if
you did).

You didn't work for marconi at all, or you would never ever make such
stupid statements.

I wored for Marcnoi, at Baddow and chelmsford on almost entirely miltary
radar and weapons projects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Company

is a reassnably accurate summary.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
geoff wrote:

Marconi *never* did any military stuff (apart from a small company
that made aircraft windows).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Electronic_Systems
"Between 1945 and GEC's demerger of its defence business in 1999,
the company became one of the world's most important defence
contractors. "
I don't really need to add anything to that, do I ?

Since I worked there, I can tell you it did little else BUT military.

Which is why I can't understand how even dennis can be so stupid as to
make such a ridiculous statement

Airport radars and also radio telescopes, but a lot of radar.

At Stanmore?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
That is not a part of Marconi and never has been.
You did not work for Marconi.
I think you are making it all up as you really should know what
company you worked for and you plainly don't.

Oh do **** off you tedious, clueless little cretin

You've dug yourself into another hole and you're trying to pretend
your way out

Its quite simple.. I worked for Marconi, you didn't.
You just can't admit that you didn't even know who you worked for (if
you did).

You didn't work for marconi at all, or you would never ever make such
stupid statements.

I wored for Marcnoi, at Baddow and chelmsford on almost entirely
miltary radar and weapons projects.

Did you ever venture to Stanmore?

If so, sea wolf was developed in east block, wasn't it

not really a fact that anyone else would know outside MSDS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Company

is a reassnably accurate summary.

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
That is not a part of Marconi and never has been.
You did not work for Marconi.
I think you are making it all up as you really should know what
company you worked for and you plainly don't.

Oh do **** off you tedious, clueless little cretin

You've dug yourself into another hole and you're trying to pretend
your way out
Its quite simple.. I worked for Marconi, you didn't.
You just can't admit that you didn't even know who you worked for (if
you did).

You didn't work for marconi at all, or you would never ever make such
stupid statements.

I wored for Marcnoi, at Baddow and chelmsford on almost entirely
miltary radar and weapons projects.

Did you ever venture to Stanmore?

Nope.

If so, sea wolf was developed in east block, wasn't it

I cant remember. It was a summer hols job at Baddow and I worked on the
IF strip of the ship borne radar. . Or it might have been in the missile
itself. It was extremely boring. No it must have been the ship side,
because it was a beam rider IIRC. illuminate target, and keep the
missile beacon in the middle of three receivers, at the same amplitude.

Ended up doing time (at least that's what it felt like ) at GEC avionics
in BoringWood.

All military stuff there, too.

The missile was BAC but the guidance stuff was Marconi radar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

Marconi *never* did any military stuff (apart from a small company
that made aircraft windows).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Electronic_Systems
"Between 1945 and GEC's demerger of its defence business in 1999,
the company became one of the world's most important defence
contractors. "
I don't really need to add anything to that, do I ?

Since I worked there, I can tell you it did little else BUT military.

Which is why I can't understand how even dennis can be so stupid as to
make such a ridiculous statement

Airport radars and also radio telescopes, but a lot of radar.

At Stanmore?

Great Baddow

Did 9 months at Chelmsford Nw street and about 2 months in the
university hols at Baddow, then a year at Borehamwood, but that was teh
GEC avionics division.

The transformation from mainly radio to military seems to have happened
in 1946 when English Electric took it over.

Frankly I was never that interested..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
[...]

Hemel came under the same umbrella

The building isn't there anymore after the Buncefield conflagration, it
was right in the line of fire

All military stuff there, too.

Absolutely. The only non military stuff was the satellite projects at
Stanmore AFAIR

Which makes me wonder what planet dennis is on

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
[...]

he is ether thinking of the 30's or the 90's or he has gone completely
off his trolley.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

And where did you work ?

As I said the one and *only* Marconi.
Is it really too difficult for you to understand that you never worked for
Marconi?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

Marconi *never* did any military stuff (apart from a small company that
made aircraft windows).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Electronic_Systems

"Between 1945 and GEC's demerger of its defence business in 1999, the
company became one of the world's most important defence contractors. "

I don't really need to add anything to that, do I ?

Since I worked there, I can tell you it did little else BUT military.
Airport radars and also radio telescopes, but a lot of radar.

None of the divisions of GEC named "Marconi something or other" were and
never have been anything to do with Marconi plc.
Are you going to make stupid claims too?
If you worked for Marconi you didn't work for "Marconi whatever" and if you
worked for "Marconi whatever" you didn't work for Marconi.
Marconi plc had no military projects ever (apart from the aircraft windows
which was a left over from a takeover).

I worked on Sea Wolf, as well. If it was electronics and it was military,
Marconi had a finger in it.

No they did not.
They had nothing to do with Sea wolf.

WHY they suddenly decided to try and be Cisco is completely beyond me.

Now you are getting close to what Marconi was.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

No you did not.
You worked for a different company not Marconi.
Marconi did not have any military projects for you to have worked on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Company

is a reassnably accurate summary.

Not if it tells you that Marconi plc ever had any military projects its not.
It was a completely different entity that was called "Marconi something" and
had nothing at all to do with Marconi plc.
It was probably a part of GEC and are all now a part of BAe systems and have
never been a part of Marconi plc.

Its not difficult, for instance geof's company is not a part of McDonalds
even if its management staff should be working there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message

And where did you work ?

As I said the one and *only* Marconi.
Is it really too difficult for you to understand that you never worked
for Marconi?

there was no one and only Marconi.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

geoff wrote:

[...]

No dennis. Marconi PLC was not 'Marconi'

Marconi was an italian gent who you could not have worked for, because
he was dead before you were born.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

dennis@home wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

Marconi PLC is not Marconi, though dennis
If Marconi Radar is not Marconi.

so you have been lying to us again

But at least the reason why Marconi PLC went into liquidation is now clear.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

And where did you work ?

As I said the one and *only* Marconi.
Is it really too difficult for you to understand that you never worked
for Marconi?

Dennis, you festering waste of afterbirth

It doesn't matter which division of Marconi people worked for, they
would just say they worked for Marconi

There was no Marconi plc at the time, they were all part of GEC

I don't really give a toss what your private little secret unique
marconi was, I said I worked for MSDS and MAv, that's what the companies
were called at the time.

As TNP said, it's no wonder that Marconi went to the wall with retards
like you working for them (I presume - all your working life until you
were given "early retirement")

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Company

is a reassnably accurate summary.

Not if it tells you that Marconi plc

Marconi PLC is not Marconi, though dennis
If Marconi Radar is not Marconi.

Well actually it is..
because the rights to the Marconi name belonged to a company that was taken
over and the group became Marconi plc.

"The Marconi Company" was called that because it didn't have the rights to
be called Marconi.
Which is why you had all those "Marconi whatevers" subsidiaries of "The
Marconi company" as they couldn't call themselves Marconi.

so you have been lying to us again

But at least the reason why Marconi PLC went into liquidation is now
clear.

There are several reasons for that.. Tony being one of the main ones.
At least the stuff I designed still lives on and doesn't look like going
anytime soon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Company

is a reassnably accurate summary.

Not if it tells you that Marconi plc

Marconi PLC is not Marconi, though dennis
If Marconi Radar is not Marconi.

Well actually it is..
because the rights to the Marconi name belonged to a company that was
taken over and the group became Marconi plc.

Became, dennis, became

I don't see anyone anywhere that has claimed to have worked for Marconi
plc

"The Marconi Company" was called that because it didn't have the rights
to be called Marconi.

But, as I said before, MAv and MSDS still had the name Marconi in them

Whatever distinction your petty little mind says, Marconi was Marconi
for anyone who worked for whatever flavour of company it was

And ... I worked for the companies I claimed I did and left your petty
little argument behind, but you, obviously , were incapable of moving on

Which is why you had all those "Marconi whatevers" subsidiaries of
"The Marconi company" as they couldn't call themselves Marconi.

so you have been lying to us again

But at least the reason why Marconi PLC went into liquidation is now
clear.

There are several reasons for that.. Tony being one of the main ones.
At least the stuff I designed still lives on and doesn't look like
going anytime soon.

Dennis ... he meant YOU

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Any patents?

Yes.

Any exciting or interesting job locations?

No I just went on holiday to them.
Not being an installation engineer it wasn't required.

No patents then denis?

-- Adam

You are thick.

So you were lying about having a patent then

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
news
I have never said that I worked for marconi plc

plcs were not around when I worked for marconi (from about 1978)

marconi was part of Arnnie Weinstocks GEC group

Marconi didn't exist when Annie was around.

He was the head of GEC which was the controlled the marconis I worked
for during the time I worked there

"{AW} ... becoming the largest shareholder of GEC. Weinstock served as a
member of the Board of Directors from 1961 to 1963 and was Managing
Director from 1963 to 1996, thence Chairman Emeritus"

To be precise, as I have actually typed above, I worked for Marconi
Space and Defence Systems Ltd at the Grove in Stanmore

Yeh, but that's the second "Marconi" you have claimed to work for.

There are quite a few people here who are ex marconi and know exactly
what I mean of I just say "marconi"

British Aerospace (as they were) were a completely separate company

You can now apologise

What for you being wrong, not a chance,

You never worked for Marconi at best you worked for a division of gec
before it was sold to BAe systems.
But as you can't even get the divisions name consistent in your posts I
don't believe you.

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

Any patents?

Yes.

Any exciting or interesting job locations?

No I just went on holiday to them.
Not being an installation engineer it wasn't required.

No patents then denis?

-- Adam

You are thick.

So you were lying about having a patent then

When he has nothing to say (ie proved wrong) he just calls me thick.

He called me thick so you know what that means!

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
news
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marconi_Company

is a reassnably accurate summary.

Not if it tells you that Marconi plc

Marconi PLC is not Marconi, though dennis
If Marconi Radar is not Marconi.

Well actually it is..
because the rights to the Marconi name belonged to a company that was
taken over and the group became Marconi plc.

Became, dennis, became

I don't see anyone anywhere that has claimed to have worked for Marconi
plc

Really, look harder.

"The Marconi Company" was called that because it didn't have the rights to
be called Marconi.

But, as I said before, MAv and MSDS still had the name Marconi in them

Whatever distinction your petty little mind says, Marconi was Marconi for
anyone who worked for whatever flavour of company it was

So they were wrong.
They worked for "The Marconi Company" or one of its subsidiaries.
Meanwhile some people did actually work for the original Marconi and they
could truthfully say they worked there.

And do remember its because you and others accused me of lying when I stated
Marconi didn't do military contracts.
I guess that makes you the liar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
news
I have never said that I worked for marconi plc

plcs were not around when I worked for marconi (from about 1978)

marconi was part of Arnnie Weinstocks GEC group

Marconi didn't exist when Annie was around.

He was the head of GEC which was the controlled the marconis I worked
for during the time I worked there

"{AW} ... becoming the largest shareholder of GEC. Weinstock served as a
member of the Board of Directors from 1961 to 1963 and was Managing
Director from 1963 to 1996, thence Chairman Emeritus"

As I said he wasn't around for Marconi are you deliberately thick or is it
for real?