Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ebay - OT

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
On 12/04/2011 16:36 Onetap wrote:

Post Office employees see it as a challenge
to ensure every fragile item is thoroughly mashed.

I thought they were throwing under-arm nowadays...?

Thats not fair on the Royal Mail. Two of my items have arrived safe and
sound with the post man this morning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2011 09:51, sweetheart wrote:

Say what you like e bay is dodgy.

No, people are dodgy, and some people are crazy. EBay caters for them all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:

No, I haven't forgotten anything . I didn't give a description.

Well /somebody/ gave a description of one of a set of four "season"
plates, ICBA to go back and see who it was ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 13, 10:25 am, Andy Burns wrote:
sweetheart wrote:
No, I haven't forgotten anything . I didn't give a description.

Well /somebody/ gave a description of one of a set of four "season"
plates, ICBA to go back and see who it was ...

someone also said they were going to give us some ebay item numbers to
admire ..... ;)

looks like we won;t get to #400+ this time oh well back to reality

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart wrote:
No, I haven't forgotten anything . I didn't give a description.

Well /somebody/ gave a description of one of a set of four "season"
plates, ICBA to go back and see who it was ...

someone also said they were going to give us some ebay item numbers to
admire ..... ;)

looks like we won;t get to #400+ this time oh well back to reality

Maybe, now she has taken the bait about the combi.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:02:40 +0100, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:

"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
On 12/04/2011 16:36 Onetap wrote:

Post Office employees see it as a challenge
to ensure every fragile item is thoroughly mashed.

I thought they were throwing under-arm nowadays...?

Thats not fair on the Royal Mail. Two of my items have arrived safe and
sound with the post man this morning.

266 articles and counting ... there's rather less said when the topic
is angle grinders.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sweetheart hotmail.com wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
sweetheart hotmail.com wrote:

This bloke has bought up all the same one ( not the set). Funny,
but he is
having a bid at the one plate I put a high bid in.

Perhaps he likes the plate?

He must love it the number he now has. I can just imagine he has a
room dedicated to this plate on all the walls. Maybe he has? Maybe I
am mis judging him

Maybe he is using them to cover a mould problem as his wife will not let him
have the heating on!
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
sweetheart hotmail.com wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
sweetheart hotmail.com wrote:

I am stupid.

I agree.

BTW, no plates with the description that you gave exist on ebay.

What description?

The one that you gave. Have you forgotten your troll story already?

No, I haven't forgotten anything . I didn't give a description.

Yes you did.

Whose the troll I wonder?

You.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
Jim K wrote:
On Apr 12, 7:00 am, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

On Apr 11, 7:51 pm, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

On Apr 11, 7:00 pm, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

sweetheart hotmail.com wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message
"Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Apr 10, 10:19 am, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
"Scott M" wrote in message

go on then give us the ebay item numbers so we can see the
heinous crims in action??

What - So you can add to my bidding problems? I am not that daft

oh deary me!
OK then how about the numbers of the ones that (you say) have
already been sold then ?

Look sharp now......

Yeah I will do that. But how do I post them here? Not sure how
that works. So let me know.

Once I have done that though ( why? To prove I am genuine maybe?) I
am not going any further. This has generated far more controversy
than I intended. If you all want to argue amongst yourselves Ok.
But dont involve me. I asked. I am grateful for the information.
Its enabled me to understand what I am doing ( and if you e bay
gives that information , think again, e bay is the equivelent of
getting an instruction manuel in a foreign language to tell someone
who cant wire a plug how to wire a house. )

I have my bids in. I have one plate ( not physically but I paid
for it). That will be enough.

So just tell me how I post what you want?

;) ok then.....

look at the ebay listings for the plates that have been sold - look
for the phrase "seller assumes all responsibility for this listing"
on the same line to the right is "Item number: 330551657" (nb the
number is made up for example purposes)

look forward to em ;) post #400+ beckons....

Could you imagine how many posts there would be if sweetheart
decided to have central heating installed and was considering
installing a combi?

Dont worry. I havent got gas so cant have a combi.

Is that a fact? Have you asked your OH who is a plumber?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , sweetheart
writes

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.
..
"Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Apr 10, 10:19 am, "sweetheart" hotmail.com wrote:
"Scott M" wrote in message

My wife was rather keen on a Woolworth's set of plates (and other items)
from the 1950s. She wanted a complete set and spent a lot of time buying
items to add to her collection. Presumably someone like "sweetheart"
retch would see her as "a dealer" because they can't imagine why someone
would buy several of the same thing.

If it were an ordinary plate I might agree. The one I am after is
classed as a decorative plate. Its one of a set ( different designs -
like summer, winter etc) I just want the one, not the four.

This bloke has bought up all the same one ( not the set). Funny, but
he is having a bid at the one plate I put a high bid in. He has bid on
it three times now - testing where my max is?

He is also the seller and is just bumping up the price you end up
paying. If he ends up buying his own goods he has only lost the fees.

Yet, there is another plate, no bidders ( identical) which has an
auction ending a day later than mine. If he wants just one plate ( but
he is evidently buying them all - bar the one I already have now from
yesterday, when he didn't seem to be around) he wouldn't be doing that
would he?

I don't know whether to up my max or not?

He is also bidding on a clock. ( I know because I looked at it and
decided against it simply because of the bids on it). For two pins
since it now seems to be him and him alone, I would counter bid him!
See how he likes it.

See..... this is precisely what e bay should not generate isn't it?

--
AD

ebay Gman Electronics Repair 0 January 8th 11 05:22 AM
Yet another Ebay sap.. [email protected] Woodworking 57 November 21st 07 12:12 AM
Ebay Seller stanp2323 Worst Ebay Experience EVER be careful Bond[_2_] Woodworking 0 July 23rd 07 11:29 PM
Another eBay gem Dave Hinz Metalworking 14 May 1st 06 05:50 PM
OT - Anyone use Ebay? Cliff Metalworking 11 April 5th 06 04:18 PM