Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grommet for strimmer spool head

One of the nylon grommets on my Countrywide (no longer trading) petrol
strimmer has gone AWOL. This means that the line only lasts seconds, before
it snaps off. The hole in the spool where the line exits, is 10 mm.
The grommet in this pic gives an idea of shape, but would need are larger
flange - to prevent escape again:-
http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ecvhku

Any ideas where I could get a general purpose grommet that would do the job?
Probably worth the risk, but strimmer unuseable at the mo. TIA
Bertie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

If worst came to the worst, could you not fit an alternative spool head
from a maker that does have spares? (they whole spool is not usually that
expensive since they only have a limited life)

The local farm supplier can get spools for Hitachi, Husqvarna, Honda etc.,
(£10 to £30), but none seem to fit mine. It would be handy if they did fit,
particularly if it was bump feed.
Bertie