Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well I am not paying to fix that

I needed the toilet today at work. Unoccupied house having a full refurb.
Now the tiler had removed the toilet and just put in back into place without
connecting the waste pipe.

He could have turned the isolator valve off and flushed the bog before he
moved it so that the kitchen ceiling was not damaged when I flushed it.

He could also have put a notice on the toilet or taped the seat down as a
warning to others.

It's a good job I had only had a ****.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote:
I needed the toilet today at work. Unoccupied house having a full refurb.
Now the tiler had removed the toilet and just put in back into place
without connecting the waste pipe.

He could have turned the isolator valve off and flushed the bog before he
moved it so that the kitchen ceiling was not damaged when I flushed it.

He could also have put a notice on the toilet or taped the seat down as a
warning to others.

It's a good job I had only had a ****.

--
Adam

Stand your ground. Say you are not a bottom-less pit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:43:40 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

I needed the toilet today at work. Unoccupied house having a full refurb.
Now the tiler had removed the toilet and just put in back into place without
connecting the waste pipe.

He could also have put a notice on the toilet or taped the seat down as a
warning to others.

It's a good job I had only had a ****.

One of the best examples of poetic justice I witnessed was a carpenter
who had a dump in a toilet whose waste pipe had been removed from
where it had passed through a room below. The door had been locked and
a note put on but this bloke ignored that and removed the lock quickly
with his Yankee screwdriver. Fortunately he got his own back,it was
in his tool bag underneath which by chance was positioned where the
pipe had run and if he had studied his work list would have realised
what the box section he was to construct after checking with a plumber
was for.

G.Harman