r.p.mcmurphy

Default how much should i be paying?

just paid £30 for a bulk bag of building sand, £30 bulk bag of
roadstone(mot), £34 bulk bag of 10mm gravel.

is this about right? (does not include price of bags by the way)

Steve

the q

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
just paid £30 for a bulk bag of building sand, £30 bulk bag of
roadstone(mot), £34 bulk bag of 10mm gravel.

is this about right? (does not include price of bags by the way)

Steve
with or without delivery?

Building sand / gravel is about 14-16 pounds a ton if I drive to the quarry
20 miles away to get it.

The Q

Roger

The message
from "r.p.mcmurphy" contains these
words:

just paid £30 for a bulk bag of building sand, £30 bulk bag of
roadstone(mot), £34 bulk bag of 10mm gravel.

is this about right? (does not include price of bags by the way)

I always buy loose and can't find a recent bill anyway but this time
last year I was paying about £26 + VAT per tonne or both sharp sand and
gravel and I usually buy sufficient quantities to get free delivery.

Quarry waste (40mm down) was a good bit cheaper - £14-21 + VAT.

--
Roger
chris French

In message , Roger
writes
The message
from "r.p.mcmurphy" contains these
words:

just paid £30 for a bulk bag of building sand, £30 bulk bag of
roadstone(mot), £34 bulk bag of 10mm gravel.

is this about right? (does not include price of bags by the way)

I always buy loose and can't find a recent bill anyway but this time
last year I was paying about £26 + VAT per tonne or both sharp sand and
gravel and I usually buy sufficient quantities to get free delivery.

I've not bought any for little while, but ISTR paying around GBP30 for
a 1 tonne bulk bag of sand or gravel etc. This includes the price of the
bags, they all seem to use one trip bags now anyway.

--
Chris French, Leeds
John Rumm

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

just paid ï½£30 for a bulk bag of building sand, ï½£30 bulk bag of
roadstone(mot), ï½£34 bulk bag of 10mm gravel.

is this about right? (does not include price of bags by the way)

Sounds about right for the sand and gravel.... If you are ordering a
skip, then getting the MOT delivered in it can work out cheaper... think
I paid about 14/tonne for it that way.

--
Cheers,

John.

Nick Finnigan

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
just paid £30 for a bulk bag of building sand, £30 bulk bag of
roadstone(mot), £34 bulk bag of 10mm gravel.

is this about right? (does not include price of bags by the way)

Depends where you are; it's a bit cheaper at
http://www.cwberry.com/EPB2.01/00-in.../sand-aggregat
es.htm

The Natural Philosopher

the q wrote:

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message

just paid £30 for a bulk bag of building sand, £30 bulk bag of
roadstone(mot), £34 bulk bag of 10mm gravel.

is this about right? (does not include price of bags by the way)

Steve
with or without delivery?

Building sand / gravel is about 14-16 pounds a ton if I drive to the quarry
20 miles away to get it.

Its about that if you let a 20 tonner drive it (all) to your door as well.

The Q