Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic Boxes for Cordless Drills, Sanders, etc etc?

I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2011 15:44, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.

Generally sold as hard shell cases, or transport cases. However, at the
prices I have for them, it might be cheaper to buy a new tool that comes
with a plastic case.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:44:00 +0000, Jonathon wrote:

I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.

Do you want blow moulded boxes that contain an imprint of the tool
and have accesory storeage as well? Or would a generic box do, in
which case have a look at the Really Useful Box range. There is quite
a lot of sizes and shapes standardise on one and they'll stack nicely
together.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.u.../fullrange_rub
..php

Note that the stacking between sizes may or may not work. Staples
normally have a good range so you could play lego there. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 17, 3:44*pm, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.

I buy power tools (mostly Bosch) that come with good cases. A good
case won't make me buy a bad tool, but it's one of the things that
does improve with the better tools.

Others are housed in a variety of things, including "posh Tupperware"
of varying forms, charity shop hardshell briefcases, old power tool
cases from dead tools, and ammo boxes (which aren't usually much good,
so be fussy when selecting).

I've little use for blow-moulded cases. They're handy for shipping, as
they improve impact resistance, but they're usually flimsy and awkward
to fasten.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Mar 17, 3:44Â*pm, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.

I buy power tools (mostly Bosch) that come with good cases. A good
case won't make me buy a bad tool, but it's one of the things that
does improve with the better tools.

Speaking of which the case for the Bosch PMF180 multi tool is the most
horrible blow moulded plastic box for a power tool that I've ever come
across. What do others think?

--
Chris Green

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 17, 7:16*pm, wrote:

Speaking of which the case for the Bosch PMF180 multi tool is the most
horrible blow moulded plastic box for a power tool that I've ever come
across. *What do others think?

Most of my recent Bosch is blue (injection moulded, not blow moulded)
and I've not seen a PMF 180 case, but some recent green Bosch has been
very nasty indeed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2011 15:44, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.

I find tool 'bags' much better than 'boxes'. Bags have the advantage of
pockets for chuck keys, allen keys etc and are easier to 'squish' into a
cramped van.

I like to keep everything required for a particular power tool in the
same bag/box.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2011 15:44, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.

One thing I would strongly reccomend are the Velcro ties you can get in
B&Q. Ideal for power tool cables.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 17, 3:44*pm, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.

Just ask on freecycle, if you want a generic box. You might need to
cut the interior moulding out.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
Andy Dingley wrote:
On Mar 17, 3:44 pm, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.

I buy power tools (mostly Bosch) that come with good cases. A good
case won't make me buy a bad tool, but it's one of the things that
does improve with the better tools.

Speaking of which the case for the Bosch PMF180 multi tool is the most
horrible blow moulded plastic box for a power tool that I've ever come
across. What do others think?

--
Chris Green

By contrast the case for the Fein MultiMaster is excellent, with decent
metal latches.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 18, 12:07*am, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 17/03/2011 15:44, Jonathon wrote:

I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.

One thing I would strongly reccomend are the Velcro ties you can get in
B&Q. *Ideal for power tool cables.

Yes, but the 'true' Velcro ones are extortionately priced in my view.
You can get them a lot cheaper from eg. eBay. Not quite as good
quality but perfectly adequate IMO.

J^n

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:41:59 -0700 (PDT), Tabby
wrote:

On Mar 17, 3:44*pm, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.

Just ask on freecycle, if you want a generic box. You might need to
cut the interior moulding out.

If you were in this area, you would filter out all Wanted messages
from Freecycle/Freegle/Greencycle/whatever.

Some of the requests beggar belief.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
On 17/03/2011 15:44, Jonathon wrote:
I have most of my cordless tools stored in cardboard boxes.
I've been unsuccessful - despite contacting manufacturers-
to obtain this item in plastic though I'm sure I've seen them
somewhere. I'd appreciate someone advising a source.
Regards
Jon.

I find tool 'bags' much better than 'boxes'. Bags have the advantage
of pockets for chuck keys, allen keys etc and are easier to 'squish'
into a cramped van.

I like to keep everything required for a particular power tool in the
same bag/box.

Though if you are DIYer then plastic boxes are probably easier to store
on shelves or stack etc.
--
Chris French

Cordless SDS drills ? Sky_geek UK diy 11 April 19th 09 02:32 PM
Cordless Drills Graham Dean UK diy 8 August 22nd 05 09:08 AM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
attachments to convert electric drills into orbital sanders Abdullah Eyles UK diy 6 September 17th 03 07:28 PM
CORDLESS DRILLS WARRENRN1 Woodworking 17 August 9th 03 01:34 PM