Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default support for hand rail

I've fitted a new handrail to my attic stairs. Its circular pine on
metal poles. I want to attach the end that butts up to the wall more
firmly. I'm after something like the collar you get on wardrobe
clothes rails but in 2 inches diameter.

Is there such a thing? Where from?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 15, 12:25*pm, andyv wrote:
I've fitted a new handrail to my attic stairs. Its circular pine on
metal poles. I want to attach the end that butts up to the wall more
firmly. I'm after something like the collar you get on wardrobe
clothes rails but in 2 inches diameter.

Is there such a thing? Where from?

Flange for steel pipe?
http://uk.ask.com/pictures?qsrc=167&...+flange&v= 14

Available from the likes of BSS.
http://www.bssgroup.com/industrial
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 05:25:22 -0700, andyv wrote:

I've fitted a new handrail to my attic stairs. Its circular pine on
metal poles. I want to attach the end that butts up to the wall more
firmly. I'm after something like the collar you get on wardrobe clothes
rails but in 2 inches diameter.

I did mine with a decorative oak rosette, bolted to the end of the rail
from the reverse side and then screwed to the wall. That might be
overkill for attic stairs, though (but the principle might still be
sound; bit of circular or oval pine, drill a couple of wall-mounting
holes and plug them with pine plugs when you're done)

Is there such a thing? Where from?

I'm not sure you'll find something that's angled though, because there's
always a little variation between stairway angles in homes, and a
manufacturer couldn't make one part that all rails could be expected to
fit into.

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 15, 11:15*pm, Skipweasel
wrote:
In article d7b77214-e69d-4b4c-94b4-
, says...

I've fitted a new handrail to my attic stairs. Its circular pine on
metal poles. I want to attach the end that butts up to the wall more
firmly. I'm after something like the collar you get on wardrobe
clothes rails but in 2 inches diameter.

Is there such a thing? Where from?

Flange for steel pipe?
http://uk.ask.com/pictures?qsrc=167&...+flange&v= 14

Or swimming-pool brackets?http://www.jacksons-camping.co.uk/sw...-handrails.htm

Many thanks folks. Flange is the word I'm after.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 15, 9:24*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
[...]

Something like part MMICB:
http://www.richardburbidge.com/stair...522_CurrentTab

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 67823ef6-33f1-49ac-9b06-ac5519d2e3a0
@r6g2000vbo.googlegroups.com, says...
Many thanks folks. Flange is the word I'm after.

And what a lovely word it is, too. Almost as good as plinth and nubbin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember andyv saying
something like:

Many thanks folks. Flange is the word I'm after.

Minge is perfectly acceptable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Something like part MMICB:http://www.richardburbidge.com/stair...orary/fusion/?...

MBQ- Hide quoted text -

Close - what I'm really after is something like MMWCB. Though that's
a called a rather more mundane wall connector. Thanks

Wood Hand Rail 2 inch dia 4.8m lg - Anywhere off the shelf ??? chili-girl UK diy 4 February 2nd 09 09:24 PM
3rd Hand Support Bar Maskman Woodworking 4 October 6th 07 04:15 AM
Hand rail TOM MOORE Woodworking 7 October 16th 06 12:44 AM
hand rail coming out of wall shederr Home Repair 6 May 10th 06 08:40 PM
Need alumin indoor hand rail [email protected] UK diy 4 January 2nd 06 06:47 PM