Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 3rd Hand Support Bar

Has anyone had experience with the Harbor Freight version of the 3rd Hand
Support Bar
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search and/
or how it compares to the Fastcap original. I'm interested in the HB one as
it is so much less expensive and I will likely be using it only
occasionally. For instance I'll want 4 of them to set up dust containment
for a living room remodling project. I'm interested in how well they are
made and whether they hold up with very much use. A trip to a local HB
retail store wasn't helpful as they didn't have any in stock because
apparently they are pretty poplar and sold out right away.
Thanks a lot,
Jer

Posted to rec.woodworking

on 10/5/2007 5:07 PM Maskman said the following:
Has anyone had experience with the Harbor Freight version of the 3rd Hand
Support Bar
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

We need a better link.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Maskman" wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone had experience with the Harbor Freight version of the 3rd Hand
Support Bar
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search
and/
or how it compares to the Fastcap original. I'm interested in the HB one
as
it is so much less expensive and I will likely be using it only
occasionally. For instance I'll want 4 of them to set up dust containment
for a living room remodling project. I'm interested in how well they are
made and whether they hold up with very much use. A trip to a local HB
retail store wasn't helpful as they didn't have any in stock because
apparently they are pretty poplar and sold out right away.
Thanks a lot,
Jer

I've never been to a HF store, I've never bought a single item from HF, but
for $10, I'd probably take a chance on them. How can they sell that much in
material for that low of a price even if it is from China?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 5, 10:34 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Maskman" wrote in message

. ..

[...]

Maybe the Chinese have an abundance of cheap........lead?