Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door opening limiter

I wish to restrict an internal door from opening into a kitchen unit. I
saw a device installed on a TV program that consisted of 2 blocks one
recessed on the door the other in the jam joined by a chain which
restricted the opening. It looked very neat but a Google has failed me,
all I can find are security devices. All suggestions welcomed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Moonraker wrote:
I wish to restrict an internal door from opening into a kitchen unit.
I saw a device installed on a TV program that consisted of 2 blocks
one recessed on the door the other in the jam joined by a chain which
restricted the opening. It looked very neat but a Google has failed
me, all I can find are security devices. All suggestions welcomed.

This?
http://www.handles4doors.co.uk/Ironmongery-Door-Fittings/Concealed-Door-Closers/sc642/p15455.aspx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I wish to restrict an internal door from opening into a kitchen unit. I saw
a device installed on a TV program that consisted of 2 blocks one recessed
on the door the other in the jam joined by a chain which restricted the
opening. It looked very neat but a Google has failed me, all I can find are
security devices. All suggestions welcomed.

http://www.doorstuff.co.uk/overhead-door-closers.php

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:09:45 +0000, Moonraker wrote:

I wish to restrict an internal door from opening into a kitchen unit. I
saw a device installed on a TV program that consisted of 2 blocks one
recessed on the door the other in the jam joined by a chain which
restricted the opening.

I think you'll find that that device is a closer rather than a
restricter. Mounted in the hinge jam the forces excerted by even
gentle pushing on the open edge of the door will be considerable.

Mechanical advantage between a push 32" away from the hinge and 1/2"
away is 64 times...

Door stops are best placed at the outer edge of the door. Block or
rubber stop on the floor is common or a door stop fixed to the
wall/skirting out of the way at high or low
level.

http://www.toolstation.com/documents...earchstr=door+
stop&submit=Go

--
Cheers
Dave.

Opening for Patio Door John UK diy 12 February 23rd 10 05:52 PM
Fitting a 71' french door into a 74" sliding door opening Greg Kroll Home Repair 4 March 29th 08 12:17 AM
door opening car crash Home Repair 1 December 4th 07 08:04 PM
Rough opening for a door MiamiCuse Home Repair 9 September 16th 07 12:47 PM
Friction Lid Support for door limiter Fo Fa Woodworking 0 April 27th 05 03:54 AM