Fo Fa

Default Friction Lid Support for door limiter

I need to limit the door opening (90 degrees) on an antique medicine cabinet
I just got done refinishing.
Rather than chain or string (or some thing like that) I was thinking of
using some of those brass friction lid supports. The curved ones say they
can be used in as little as 2 1/2 inches, I have about 4 inches of depth.
Has anyone ever used those? Can the friction be turned down (to zero)? Any
other ideas or thoughts?
Thanks

Cognitive Friction and Woodworking Tools charlie b Woodworking 4 March 6th 05 06:22 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Bison lathe chuck: how much scroll friction is normal? David Malicky Metalworking 6 July 18th 04 11:39 PM
Carport pipe support rusted out Dan Hartung Home Repair 0 July 1st 04 07:44 AM
Sony G410R Monitor problem (and bad Sony support) Steeve M Electronics Repair 7 July 15th 03 12:24 AM