Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (ping Geoff) Suprima not firing up (not lockout)

Suprima victim called up - boiler sounding as if it's trying to fire up
but not lighting. Not locked out - reset button doesn't help. Later it
was working again. I'm thinking HT cable?

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Religion is like a penis. It is fine to have one. It's ok to be proud of
it.
Just don't wave it around in public or try to jam it down my child's
throat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , YAPH
writes
Suprima victim called up - boiler sounding as if it's trying to fire up
but not lighting. Not locked out - reset button doesn't help. Later it
was working again. I'm thinking HT cable?

Is it red?

Even if the HT lead is red, the boiler should still fire up and stay
alight for the duration of the 13 sparks before the pcb ditches out. It
should then try twice more to go through its sequence.

When you say "trying to fire up", what do you
mean exactly

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:56:12 +0000, geoff wrote:

Is it red?

Even if the HT lead is red, the boiler should still fire up and stay
alight for the duration of the 13 sparks before the pcb ditches out. It
should then try twice more to go through its sequence.

When you say "trying to fire up", what do you mean exactly

I mean Suprima Victim[1] says it's making a ticking noise when it should
be lighting but not getting to the running state. I haven't been around
and poked around inside it[2] so I don't know if it's actually trying to
light up (HT shorting to somewhere?), succeeding but not detecting flame,
or what. And although I replaced the PCB (c/o you, 4 years ago) I don't
recall (or have a photo showing) what colour EHT lead is.

[1] very MILF but not particularly techie

[2] for either value of 'it' ;-)

--
John Stumbles

I can't stand intolerance
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:56:12 +0000, geoff wrote:

Is it red?

Even if the HT lead is red, the boiler should still fire up and stay
alight for the duration of the 13 sparks before the pcb ditches out. It
should then try twice more to go through its sequence.

When you say "trying to fire up", what do you mean exactly

I mean Suprima Victim[1] says it's making a ticking noise when it should
be lighting but not getting to the running state. I haven't been around
and poked around inside it[2] so I don't know if it's actually trying to
light up (HT shorting to somewhere?), succeeding but not detecting flame,
or what. And although I replaced the PCB (c/o you, 4 years ago) I don't
recall (or have a photo showing) what colour EHT lead is.

[1] very MILF but not particularly techie

[2] for either value of 'it' ;-)

If its sparking but not actually lighting the gas, I would more suspect
the gas valve - remember the manual is wrong the voltage to the GV is
only correct if the GV solenoid is open circuit (over 300Vdc - o/c,
220vdc - solenoid OK).

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:54:50 +0000, geoff wrote:

If its sparking but not actually lighting the gas, I would more suspect
the gas valve - remember the manual is wrong the voltage to the GV is
only correct if the GV solenoid is open circuit (over 300Vdc - o/c,
220vdc - solenoid OK).

220 - 300V *DC*?

Are they taking after Ideal, throwing rectified mains around?

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

If a tree falls in a forest, can one hand hear it clap?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , YAPH
writes
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:54:50 +0000, geoff wrote:

If its sparking but not actually lighting the gas, I would more suspect
the gas valve - remember the manual is wrong the voltage to the GV is
only correct if the GV solenoid is open circuit (over 300Vdc - o/c,
220vdc - solenoid OK).

220 - 300V *DC*?

Are they taking after Ideal, throwing rectified mains around?

DC

--
geoff

Suprima problem (not lockout) craig UK diy 7 December 4th 07 12:36 AM
Potterton Suprima 50L intermittent firing [email protected] UK diy 10 September 1st 06 10:18 AM
Potterton Suprima Lockout Roly UK diy 4 July 18th 05 10:20 PM
Potterton Suprima 80 "Lockout" David Longley UK diy 25 April 26th 05 11:49 PM
Potterton Suprima 30 lockout Mike W UK diy 3 November 17th 04 08:21 PM