Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default (ping Geoff) Suprima not firing up (not lockout)

In message , John Stumbles
writes
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:56:12 +0000, geoff wrote:

Is it red?

Even if the HT lead is red, the boiler should still fire up and stay
alight for the duration of the 13 sparks before the pcb ditches out. It
should then try twice more to go through its sequence.

When you say "trying to fire up", what do you mean exactly

I mean Suprima Victim[1] says it's making a ticking noise when it should
be lighting but not getting to the running state. I haven't been around
and poked around inside it[2] so I don't know if it's actually trying to
light up (HT shorting to somewhere?), succeeding but not detecting flame,
or what. And although I replaced the PCB (c/o you, 4 years ago) I don't
recall (or have a photo showing) what colour EHT lead is.

[1] very MILF but not particularly techie

[2] for either value of 'it' ;-)

If its sparking but not actually lighting the gas, I would more suspect
the gas valve - remember the manual is wrong the voltage to the GV is
only correct if the GV solenoid is open circuit (over 300Vdc - o/c,
220vdc - solenoid OK).

--
geoff