Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Printer / scanner IP address problem

I've done a one-for-one replacement of a HP printer scanner off Ebay
(Photosmart 3210). It's a good buy and the machine works fine, with
one But.

The scanner is not communicating. I had to reset the printer IP
address in the router to **...1.72 from the previous **....1.68 to get
printing for the family with the software loaded with the original
machine. I found that HP do a scanner diagnostic utility - ahh
thought I - but that sticks at the first screen because it says the
scanner IP address is **...1.67, and I can find that IP address in the
HP section of the registry.

Is it the case that where these printer / scanners are concerned that
the printer and scanner have different IP addresses despite being in
the same box? I could just change the registry entry, but am
concerned that if I could screw things up if I put them both on the
same address.

Any ideas please - thanks

Rob