John Freund

Default Brother Multi Function (MFC) Fax/Printer/Scanner Maintenance Mode?

I have two Brother machines:
MFC 9600
MFC 4550

I was able to acquire a copy of the service manuals for each. The manual
provides instructions for entering the "Maintenance Mode", however it does
not seem to work on either machine does anyone have any insight to this.

For bother the instructions are basically the same:

Press the following buttons within 2 seconds:
"Function", "*", "2" , "8", "6", "4". The unit will sound a long beep and
display "Maintenance".

Either I am doing something wrong, or I have incorrect instructions. Has
anyone tried this and has it worked?

Thanks

John Freund

James Horne

"John Freund" wrote in message
.net...
I have two Brother machines:
MFC 9600
MFC 4550

I was able to acquire a copy of the service manuals for each. The manual
provides instructions for entering the "Maintenance Mode", however it

does
not seem to work on either machine does anyone have any insight to this.

For bother the instructions are basically the same:

Press the following buttons within 2 seconds:
"Function", "*", "2" , "8", "6", "4". The unit will sound a long beep

and
display "Maintenance".

Either I am doing something wrong, or I have incorrect instructions. Has
anyone tried this and has it worked?

Thanks

John Freund

Yes it does work....enter the key sequence more quickly. I'm not sure where
they got the 2 seconds from because from experience you have to do it within
about a 1/2 second....will take a few tries to get it right (Hint: use more
than one finger )

James

John Freund

James
It work just like you said. I just had to key in the sequence very quickly.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you .... I am forever grateful!
May your next problem be easily solved!