Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Old Oil Buring

How do I make a burner for using waste vegetable oil? (Or, for that
matter, mineral oil?)

Assuming I can find a suitable diesel engine to run on it, what sort
of generator could I finagle onto it to get the maximum output, or
financially worhtwhile output?

TIA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer presented the following explanation :
How do I make a burner for using waste vegetable oil? (Or, for that
matter, mineral oil?)

If you email me directly, I can provide you with some answers to your
first question.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 2, 5:33*pm, Weatherlawyer wrote:
How do I make a burner for using waste vegetable oil? (Or, for that
matter, mineral oil?)

a dumped oil boiler might be easier

Assuming I can find a suitable diesel engine to run on it, what sort
of generator could I finagle onto it to get the maximum output, or
financially worhtwhile output?

TIA.

Too vague. If you dont want to buy a diesel gen, ie you'd rather use
very cheap parts, its largely a case of what you can find.

Even a small gen can put enough heat out the exhaust to make a lot of
water.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3/03/2011 11:46 a.m., Tabby wrote:
On Mar 2, 5:33 pm, wrote:
How do I make a burner for using waste vegetable oil? (Or, for that
matter, mineral oil?)

a dumped oil boiler might be easier

Assuming I can find a suitable diesel engine to run on it, what sort
of generator could I finagle onto it to get the maximum output, or
financially worhtwhile output?

TIA.

Too vague. If you dont want to buy a diesel gen, ie you'd rather use
very cheap parts, its largely a case of what you can find.

Even a small gen can put enough heat out the exhaust to make a lot of
water.

How does heat make water?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 2, 5:33 pm, *wrote:
How do I make a burner for using waste vegetable oil? (Or, for that
matter, mineral oil?)

a dumped oil boiler might be easier

Assuming I can find a suitable diesel engine to run on it, what sort
of generator could I finagle onto it to get the maximum output, or
financially worhtwhile output?

TIA.

Too vague. If you dont want to buy a diesel gen, ie you'd rather use
very cheap parts, its largely a case of what you can find.

Even a small gen can put enough heat out the exhaust to make a lot of
water.

How does heat make water?

Veg oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons. The hydrogen burns to form
water.

Next.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 2, 5:33 pm, wrote:
How do I make a burner for using waste vegetable oil? (Or, for that
matter, mineral oil?)
a dumped oil boiler might be easier
Assuming I can find a suitable diesel engine to run on it, what sort
of generator could I finagle onto it to get the maximum output, or
financially worhtwhile output?
TIA.
Too vague. If you dont want to buy a diesel gen, ie you'd rather use
very cheap parts, its largely a case of what you can find.
Even a small gen can put enough heat out the exhaust to make a lot of
water.
How does heat make water?

Veg oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons. The hydrogen burns to form
water.

Next.

I meant hot water

Heat exchanger on the exhaust.