Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MK Echo protocol hacking

Been looking at the MK Echo wireless range which seems very interesting,
although a bit pricey.

It got me thinking about what protocol they use and whether it is
encrypted.

Playing around with the idea of getting a few switches and receivers and
setting up an installation. I would monitor the "network" using
something like this

http://www.radiometrix.com/files/additional/bim2g.pdf

connected to a serial port on a computer. If the protocol is not too
complicated I should stand a chance of reverse engineering it and
writing a PC app to control the stuff in my house.

Also, has anyone actualy used MK Echo and was it any good?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rob writes:
Been looking at the MK Echo wireless range which seems very interesting,
although a bit pricey.

It got me thinking about what protocol they use and whether it is
encrypted.

The protocol is called EnOcean (see wikipedia page).
I don't know what sort of interfaces are available for it,
as I haven't played with it myself.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 21, 11:26*am, Rob wrote:
Been looking at the MK Echo wireless range which seems very interesting,
although a bit pricey.

It got me thinking about what protocol they use and whether it is
encrypted.

Playing around with the idea of getting a few switches and receivers and
setting up an installation. I would monitor the "network" using
something like this

http://www.radiometrix.com/files/additional/bim2g.pdf

connected to a serial port on a computer. If the protocol is not too
complicated I should stand a chance of reverse engineering it and
writing a PC app to control the stuff in my house.

Also, has anyone actualy used MK Echo and was it any good?

Communications are based on 802.15 ZigBee radio, from Jennic (part of
NXP - formerly Philips)

White paper on the technology:

http://www.jennic.com/download_file....Switch-1v0.pdf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2011 13:30, wrote:
On Feb 21, 11:26 am, wrote:
[...]

I did wonder if it was zigbee. Hmm, that opens up he possibilities.

Magicjack Echo Problem Patrick C Home Repair 25 March 28th 20 10:06 PM
Echo Drill Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 1 August 29th 10 03:36 AM
stihl or echo chainsaw? peter Home Repair 19 January 3rd 08 03:57 PM
OT - usenet protocol Ken Davey Metalworking 5 October 10th 05 04:33 PM
Data monitor shadow/echo, adjustable? Andreas Ravnestad Electronics Repair 3 November 23rd 04 08:23 AM