Andreas Ravnestad

Default Data monitor shadow/echo, adjustable?

Hello,

I recently was given a Eizo Flexscan 9400 20" monitor from a friend. The
monitor is a bit old, but the luminence is great, and the colors and
contrast is way ok. However, as the brightness increases, there is a obvious
"shadow" or "echo", kinda like what you get when you recieve a
delayed/mirrored signal to your tv, causing an odd effect.

Is there a "standard" procedure to adjust this? As far as I can remember
from school, it might be the beam that is a little offset, and that it just
needs calibration? If anyone can provide some generic hints, I would
appreciate it alot.

(Ps! I have an education and proper tools, but it's been a few years since I
worked with monitors)

Kind regards,
Andreas Ravnestad

Charles Schuler

"Andreas Ravnestad" wrote in message
Hello,

I recently was given a Eizo Flexscan 9400 20" monitor from a friend. The
monitor is a bit old, but the luminence is great, and the colors and
contrast is way ok. However, as the brightness increases, there is a
obvious
"shadow" or "echo", kinda like what you get when you recieve a
delayed/mirrored signal to your tv, causing an odd effect.

Blooming is an effect that causes bright areas to go out of focus and is
caused by low emission. Not at all sure that's what you described, but
thought I'd pass it on to you. If it is low emission, the CRT is wearing
out and perhaps can be improved with a gadget (booster/brightener) that
increases the CRT filament voltage.

Wes.

Hello,

I recently was given a Eizo Flexscan 9400 20" monitor from a friend. The
monitor is a bit old, but the luminence is great, and the colors and
contrast is way ok. However, as the brightness increases, there is a obvious
"shadow" or "echo", kinda like what you get when you recieve a
delayed/mirrored signal to your tv, causing an odd effect.

Is there a "standard" procedure to adjust this? As far as I can remember
from school, it might be the beam that is a little offset, and that it just
needs calibration? If anyone can provide some generic hints, I would
appreciate it alot.

(Ps! I have an education and proper tools, but it's been a few years since I
worked with monitors)

Kind regards,
Andreas Ravnestad

Miss matched impedance on the input cables can do this (if your monitor uses a
detachable input cable). I had same problem when I lost the original cable for
one monitor and used a home made replacement. Only after I purchased an
original replacement did the ghosting problem go away.

Wes.