Wes.

"Andreas Ravnestad" wrote in message
news:419ead92$1@proxy....
Hello,

I recently was given a Eizo Flexscan 9400 20" monitor from a friend. The
monitor is a bit old, but the luminence is great, and the colors and
contrast is way ok. However, as the brightness increases, there is a obvious
"shadow" or "echo", kinda like what you get when you recieve a
delayed/mirrored signal to your tv, causing an odd effect.

Is there a "standard" procedure to adjust this? As far as I can remember
from school, it might be the beam that is a little offset, and that it just
needs calibration? If anyone can provide some generic hints, I would
appreciate it alot.

(Ps! I have an education and proper tools, but it's been a few years since I
worked with monitors)

Kind regards,
Andreas Ravnestad

Miss matched impedance on the input cables can do this (if your monitor uses a
detachable input cable). I had same problem when I lost the original cable for
one monitor and used a home made replacement. Only after I purchased an
original replacement did the ghosting problem go away.

Wes.