John Briggs

Default RCA 32" shuts off, loses program data

My parents have an RCA F32669 with a CTC203 CA12 chassis that is about a
year and a half old. In the last week or so, on three (so far) occasions,
it has turned itself off. It will turn back on apparently without problems
(no funny noises or distorted picture) but has lost all of it's Guide+ data
although it recovers the data overnight. My father tells me that at least
once he found that upon turning it on again the TV has changed channels
from what he was watching.

Do these symptoms identify the problem adequately for diagnosis? I searched
the Google archives of this news group but have no technical background to
understand much of what gets posted here. The set is too large to take in
for service for minor problems and was so inexpensive as to hardly seem
worth a lot of trouble and expense to repair. As the set is out of warranty
and the program guide data is not crucial to my parents would there be any
harm to just living with the problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

--

John Briggs Phoenix, Arizona, USA)
Art

Could GemStar Assembly within the tele, have it inspected by a qualified
technician to completely diagnose it. Also while they are in there have them
check L-14401 for lousy solder connections due to the adhesive leakage.