Charles Schuler

"Andreas Ravnestad" wrote in message
news:419ead92$1@proxy....
Hello,

I recently was given a Eizo Flexscan 9400 20" monitor from a friend. The
monitor is a bit old, but the luminence is great, and the colors and
contrast is way ok. However, as the brightness increases, there is a
obvious
"shadow" or "echo", kinda like what you get when you recieve a
delayed/mirrored signal to your tv, causing an odd effect.

Blooming is an effect that causes bright areas to go out of focus and is
caused by low emission. Not at all sure that's what you described, but
thought I'd pass it on to you. If it is low emission, the CRT is wearing
out and perhaps can be improved with a gadget (booster/brightener) that
increases the CRT filament voltage.