Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New block paving machine

What does Cormaic reckon to this?

http://www.gizmag.com/tiger-stone-la...-bricks/16951/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 3, 2:24*am, Andy Dingley wrote:
What does Cormaic reckon to this?

http://www.gizmag.com/tiger-stone-la...-bricks/16951/

That was being shown a couple of months ago, and the demo seemed to
show that it sped up laying greatly. But surely it will quickly become
obsolete as the next generation of machine places all the bricks
itself as well - that one's little more than a wooden slope on wheels.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Tabby writes
On Feb 3, 2:24*am, Andy Dingley wrote:
What does Cormaic reckon to this?

http://www.gizmag.com/tiger-stone-la...-bricks/16951/

That was being shown a couple of months ago, and the demo seemed to
show that it sped up laying greatly. But surely it will quickly become
obsolete as the next generation of machine places all the bricks
itself as well - that one's little more than a wooden slope on wheels.

Hmm.. how do they fill that minuscule hopper and do they start off by
hand laying the bed up the slope?

Too late anyway. I have finished my yard:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 3, 9:00*am, Tim Lamb wrote:

Hmm.. how do they fill that minuscule hopper and do they start off by
hand laying the bed up the slope?

I'd assumed it was a side--to-side conveyor and there was someone
piling them in from the side.

A few generations on and it will be CAD-controlled walking robots,
spelling out "My Hacienda, Innit" in patterns
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 3, 2:24 am, Andy Dingley wrote:
What does Cormaic reckon to this?

http://www.gizmag.com/tiger-stone-la...-bricks/16951/

ok if your yard is straight and a prescribed standard width wide?

otherwise useless in most instances?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2011 09:00, Tim Lamb wrote:

Hmm.. how do they fill that minuscule hopper and do they start off by
hand laying the bed up the slope?

The video at the bottom of the page shows a couple of JCB type vehicles
tipping them in from front and back.

--
Mike Clarke

block paving... Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 13 June 16th 10 10:37 PM
Weedkiller on block paving F[_2_] UK diy 3 May 13th 08 12:28 AM
Block Paving [email protected] UK diy 3 June 20th 07 07:57 PM
Block paving I'm not crofter either UK diy 5 August 19th 05 03:08 PM
Block paving Mark Webb UK diy 3 August 17th 03 02:00 PM