Old May 12th 08, 11:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Weedkiller on block paving

Anyone know if there are any problems with using sodium chlorate
solution on block paving? The weeds are starting to show but I don't
want to damage the blocks.

TIA

Old May 12th 08, 05:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 12, 11:44*am, F [email protected] wrote:
Anyone know if there are any problems with using sodium chlorate
solution on block paving? The weeds are starting to show but I don't
want to damage the blocks.

TIA

I have used sodium chlorate on my block paving for several years and
it has not affected the blocks.

It does not clear moss very well and I use a separate moss killer for
this.
Old May 12th 08, 05:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

F wrote:
Anyone know if there are any problems with using sodium chlorate
solution on block paving? The weeds are starting to show but I don't
want to damage the blocks.

TIA

There is no problem using any weedkiller on block paving, except that SC
doesn't work.

Roundup is what you need - around 4.50 for a litre of ready mixed stuff in
a spray gun and an hours work instead of 5 minutes, but it kills the roots,
whereas almost all other weedkillers kill the tops only.

SC is supposed to make the ground unplantable, but the last house I had had
a large paved area at the back and the horsetails and dandelions used to
thrive on the stuff.

Old May 13th 08, 12:28 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/05/2008 17:16 Phil L wrote:

SC is supposed to make the ground unplantable, but the last house I had had
a large paved area at the back and the horsetails and dandelions used to
thrive on the stuff.

Weird, it's worked well for me in the past.

Block Paving [email protected] UK diy 3 June 20th 07 07:57 PM
Why has my block paving gone green? Andy UK diy 11 March 1st 06 05:41 PM
Block paving I'm not crofter either UK diy 5 August 19th 05 03:08 PM
Going rate for block paving ? Jim UK diy 8 July 22nd 04 04:02 PM
Block paving Mark Webb UK diy 3 August 17th 03 02:00 PM