Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pan connector

I'm lining up my ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which is
a job I've never carried out before.

The existing pan connector which is now connected to the toilet, is this
something that will come off ok and can be reused? Or should I just get a
new connector for the new toilet?

Thanks!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tom Pickles" wrote in message
om...
I'm lining up my ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which
is a job I've never carried out before.

The existing pan connector which is now connected to the toilet, is this
something that will come off ok and can be reused? Or should I just get a
new connector for the new toilet?

Thanks!

Only in England do they use pans beneath their toilets. (I hope they wash
'em afterward.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tom Pickles wrote:

I'm lining up my ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which is
a job I've never carried out before.

The existing pan connector which is now connected to the toilet, is this
something that will come off ok and can be reused? Or should I just get a
new connector for the new toilet?

Yes, get a new connector. The rubber seal goes hard with age, and forms
to the shape of the old pan, so in most cases it will not seal correctly
with a new pan.
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tom Pickles" wrote in
om:

For the sake of a couple of pounds and a load of grief from
the old connector a new one is a must.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Heliotrope Smith" wrote in message
. 121...
"Tom Pickles" wrote in
om:

For the sake of a couple of pounds and a load of grief from
the old connector a new one is a must.

Check what is available - I bought one and when I got it home I realised I
needed a "Compact" one - a bit like a gooseneck.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tom Pickles" wrote in message
om...
I'm lining up my ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which
is a job I've never carried out before.

The existing pan connector which is now connected to the toilet, is this
something that will come off ok and can be reused? Or should I just get a
new connector for the new toilet?

I would suggest buying a new one, but finding one the right size may be more
of a challenge.

See http://www.multikwik.com/

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 11, 1:17*am, "Michael Chare"
wrote:
"Tom Pickles" wrote in message

om... I'm lining up my ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which
is a job I've never carried out before.

The existing pan connector which is now connected to the toilet, is this
something that will come off ok and can be reused? Or should I just get a
new connector for the new toilet?

I would suggest buying a new one, but finding one the right size may be more
of a challenge.

Most DIY sheds will give refunds fopr unused stuff. Just buy a
selection of likely sizes, lengths and types and take back what you
don't use. That's what I did.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
"Tom Pickles" wrote in message

om... I'm lining up my
ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which
is a job I've never carried out before.

The existing pan connector which is now connected to the toilet, is this
something that will come off ok and can be reused? Or should I just get
new connector for the new toilet?

I would suggest buying a new one, but finding one the right size may be
more
of a challenge.

Most DIY sheds will give refunds fopr unused stuff. Just buy a
selection of likely sizes, lengths and types and take back what you
don't use. That's what I did.

MBQ

I like the feature on these - no nasty trap for you know what:
http://www.wirquin.com/FICHES%20PDTS...connectors.pdf