Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default adhesive for plastic drainpie?

For reasons that will probably appear ridiculous, I have an
outside project that requires a durable, weather resistant
container a few inches in diameter. Since I have a length of
68mm black plastic downpipe I'm considering using that.

One thing I have to do is to make or buy some end caps for the
pipe.
I've done a few experiements and discovered that the plastic
(anyone know what it is?) is thermoplastic - gas mark 3 for
10 minutes. However, it does not melt - it just chars.

So since I won't be able to weld pieces together, it looks
like I'll have to glue them. But what with? I need the joints
to bond securely and be weather/UV/water/frost proof. Any
suggestions would be gratefully received.

--
http://thisreallyismyhost.99k.org/06...1916193771.php

cracked plastic sledges - one piece high gloss plastic - any adhesive options? Ala UK diy 0 December 24th 10 02:07 AM
Plastic to Plastic Adhesive mo UK diy 8 November 25th 08 10:23 PM
Best adhesive/caulk to seal plastic join in spa? Chuck Home Repair 3 November 3rd 06 11:03 PM
Plastic to Metal adhesive - U.V. Proof - Harsh Environment Tolerance ? . UK diy 16 March 7th 06 12:42 PM
Food safe high temperature plastic adhesive wanted. Rembrandt Kuipers UK diy 13 August 27th 05 11:57 AM