Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Waste fittings

Hi all

Doing a bit of work in our downstairs loo and just need to check on whether
32mm waste fittings and pipe are interchangeable with 1 1/4 fittings. More
specifically would I be able to use this flexible connector to join two
pieces of 32mm pipe

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum.../sd2907/p55664

Thanks

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 27, 5:03 pm, "JimM" wrote:
Hi all

Doing a bit of work in our downstairs loo and just need to check on whether
32mm waste fittings and pipe are interchangeable with 1 1/4 fittings. More
specifically would I be able to use this flexible connector to join two
pieces of 32mm pipe

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...exi+Waste+Conn...

yes

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2010 17:03, JimM wrote:
Hi all

Doing a bit of work in our downstairs loo and just need to check on
whether 32mm waste fittings and pipe are interchangeable with 1 1/4
fittings. More specifically would I be able to use this flexible
connector to join two pieces of 32mm pipe

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum.../sd2907/p55664

One of the problems with waste pipe fittings is that each manufacturer
seems to work to their own set of standards, which results in mixing
different makes being a bit chancy. The only way to be sure is to try it
and, given the price, that is what I would be inclined to do.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 27, 5:03*pm, "JimM" wrote:
Hi all

Doing a bit of work in our downstairs loo and just need to check on whether
32mm waste fittings and pipe are interchangeable with 1 1/4 fittings. *More
specifically would I be able to use this flexible connector to join two
pieces of 32mm pipe

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...exi+Waste+Conn...

Thanks

Jim

Yes and yes - but be aware that not all fittings & pipe fit each
other, as said. For the 2 main sizes, 32 & 40mm, real pipe sizes vary
over a few mm, and some connectors will take all pipes, some only
some. Compression fittings are the ones to pick if you want universal
fitting, solv weld must be the least universal, requiring the exact
size.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 27, 5:03*pm, "JimM" wrote:
Hi all

Doing a bit of work in our downstairs loo and just need to check on whether
32mm waste fittings and pipe are interchangeable with 1 1/4 fittings. *More
specifically would I be able to use this flexible connector to join two
pieces of 32mm pipe

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...exi+Waste+Conn...

Thanks

Jim

These flexible connectors are best avoided if you can. The crinkly
bits pick up all the crap and slime. Especially if used horizontally.