Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CPC weatherproof socket: any good

Hi,

Following your advice to get a weatherproof socket, I have found this:

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/p909...r/dp/PL1081003

From the photo, it looks like an MK master seal but is a third of the
price. Is this too good to be true? Should I pay the extra and get the
MK?

They also sell:
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/p280...4/dp/PL1080603

is that any good? With Christmas around the corner I will be told to
hang LED "icicles" from the porch. Could I fit the transformer inside
one of these or do you think that overheating could be a problem?
Since the box is watertight it must be airtight too. Should I keep the
"wall wart" inside instead?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:
Hi,

Following your advice to get a weatherproof socket, I have found this:

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/p909...r/dp/PL1081003

From the photo, it looks like an MK master seal but is a third of the
price. Is this too good to be true? Should I pay the extra and get the
MK?

It looks fine.

Cheaper than

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/p909...oor/dp/PL10810

for some reason:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Fred wrote:
Hi,

Following your advice to get a weatherproof socket, I have found this:

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/p909...r/dp/PL1081003

From the photo, it looks like an MK master seal but is a third of the
price. Is this too good to be true? Should I pay the extra and get the
MK?

It looks fine.

Cheaper than

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/p909...oor/dp/PL10810

for some reason:-)

The same order code except that the cheaper option has 03 tagged on to
the end. This usually means there's a special offer on in one of the flyers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:50:43 +0000, Dave Osborne
wrote:

The same order code except that the cheaper option has 03 tagged on to
the end. This usually means there's a special offer on in one of the flyers.

Yes

Like plywood, but weatherproof VM[_4_] Home Repair 13 June 16th 10 02:09 PM
Weatherproof strip blue UK diy 2 July 4th 08 05:48 PM
Fitting a weatherproof 13A socket Lobster UK diy 16 May 11th 08 08:59 PM
Weatherproof junction box geraldthehamster UK diy 5 May 10th 08 12:34 AM
Not-so-weatherproof electrical box C & E Home Repair 6 November 2nd 06 04:55 AM