Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diy Wiki

Why is there a banner advert for kitchen doors on this page?

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/index.html

Sm I missing something? I thought there was to be no commercial
advertising on the FAQ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Osborne wrote:
Why is there a banner advert for kitchen doors on this page?

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/index.html

Sm I missing something? I thought there was to be no commercial
advertising on the FAQ.

From the front page

"*Can I advertise on this website?*

Sorry, but no. This may come as a surprise, but this web site is a non
commercial site. It has no product to sell, and is not intended to
generate any income for its owner. The only banner ad we carry is the
one you see at the top of this page, and that is for a business
affiliated with the enterprise which generously provides all our web
hosting free of charge. That also means that if you sell web site search
optimisation services, we really have no need to hear from you!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Osborne wrote:

Andrew May wrote:
Dave Osborne wrote:
Why is there a banner advert for kitchen doors on this page?

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/index.html

Sm I missing something? I thought there was to be no commercial
advertising on the FAQ.

From the front page

"*Can I advertise on this website?*

Sorry, but no. This may come as a surprise, but this web site is a non
commercial site. It has no product to sell, and is not intended to
generate any income for its owner. The only banner ad we carry is the
one you see at the top of this page, and that is for a business
affiliated with the enterprise which generously provides all our web
hosting free of charge. That also means that if you sell web site search
optimisation services, we really have no need to hear from you!"

Thanks Andy. I read that page from top to bottom (or so I thought) and
still missed that paragraph. :-(

Hmm. Translation:

Q: Can I advertise on this website?
A: No, you can't, only I can.

:-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/10 18:26, John Rumm wrote:
On 01/11/2010 17:14, Dave Osborne wrote:
Why is there a banner advert for kitchen doors on this page?

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/index.html

Sm I missing something? I thought there was to be no commercial
advertising on the FAQ.

We used to have an advert for Grunff's symworks hosting company up there
(who do our hosting), but since they no longer sell hosting services to
end users. there was not much point in keeping that. Hence the change to
the current one, which seemed most relevant to the sites content and is
another of Grunff's ever growing portfolio of online outlets.

perhaps it could have [advertisement] written next to the one advert,
and if you click [advertisemnt] it would lead to the paragraph
explaining its for the webhosting?
[g]

Wiki / FAQ changes John Rumm UK diy 9 July 15th 09 12:25 AM
FAQ and Wiki John Rumm UK diy 22 April 27th 09 12:55 PM
uk.d-i-y wiki [email protected] UK diy 27 May 23rd 07 10:46 PM
UK.d-i-y Wiki [email protected] UK diy 6 March 27th 07 01:03 PM
UK.D-I-Y Wiki [email protected] UK diy 17 January 27th 07 02:11 AM