Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. First fireworks

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike P the 1st
writes
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

There are some sort of firework displays going off on a regular basis
round here

I've never got to the bottom of quite why

so ... No

Now - go and look for xmas trees

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike P the 1st wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

No. There were a few let off last Sunday.
Possibly the Chinese family down the road as they believe that 10/10/10 is a
special date.

Oh, and the one I set off in June. I found it in the loft of an unoccupied
house.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:14:45 +0100, Mike P the 1st
wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat

Some shops sell them all year round - many people now use them for a range
of celebrations.

Some people like to make their own bang - especially when there are no
others.

Some people are obsessed with them and like to show they have money to burn.

Nov 5th is hardly a special festival in the scheme of things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:37:51 +0100, "John"
gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

news
wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat

Some shops sell them all year round - many people now use them for a range
of celebrations.

Some people like to make their own bang - especially when there are no
others.

Some people are obsessed with them and like to show they have money to burn.

Nov 5th is hardly a special festival in the scheme of things.

I have just got back from China and witnessed there the most awesome
firework display I have ever seen. They really know how to make the
displays.

Mike P the 1st
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:37:51 +0100, John wrote:

news
wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat

Some shops sell them all year round - many people now use them for a
range of celebrations.

Some people like to make their own bang - especially when there are no
others.

Some people are obsessed with them and like to show they have money to
burn.

Nov 5th is hardly a special festival in the scheme of things.

Except that you can legally let them off later..!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

On 18 Oct, 21:14, Mike P the 1st
wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) *?

Mike P the 1st

More likely to be real fireworks, records don't have enough dynamic
range to reproduce the sound :-)

....unless anybody knows about sound systems that can?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat

Some shops sell them all year round - many people now use them for a range
of celebrations.

Some people like to make their own bang - especially when there are no
others.

Some people are obsessed with them and like to show they have money to burn.

Nov 5th is hardly a special festival in the scheme of things.

It is in our family.

Daughter was due to be born around the 10th of November. The brother in
law said that she would be born on the 5th and that the fireworks would
bring on the birth. Sure enough she was. Strange thing is that the
eldest g daughter was born on the 26 of October and the youngest on the
second on November, so they all celebrate their birthdays within 7 days
of each other.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave" wrote in message
news
wrote:

[...]

Any chance your birthday is in January or February?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

Oh, and the one I set off in June. I found it in the loft of an
unoccupied house.

And what were you doing in the loft of an unoccupied house?

C'mon, fess up.

Just a rewire I am afraid.

You do get to see some good old stuff up in those lofts.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/10/2010 22:51, Fredxx wrote:
wrote in message
On 18/10/2010 21:37, John wrote:
"Simon . wrote in message
news On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:14:45 +0100, Mike P the 1st
wrote:

[...]

Sorry, June and July :-)

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:18:59 +0100, Dave wrote:
Any chance your birthday is in January or February?

Sorry, June and July :-)

Both? Who are you, the queen?
:-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat

Some shops sell them all year round - many people now use them for a
range of celebrations.

Some people like to make their own bang - especially when there are
no others.

Some people are obsessed with them and like to show they have money
to burn.

Nov 5th is hardly a special festival in the scheme of things.

I have just got back from China and witnessed there the most awesome
firework display I have ever seen. They really know how to make the
displays.

I went to Aldi & Morrisons on Sunday & ever so slightly 'overspent' a little
on fireworks for our Firework BBQ do.

Everything made in China - but in this case where better? They invented
them!

H&S overkill all over the place, most had the warning that spectators should
be 25 metres away. How many suburban gardens are 25 metres + long these
days?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in
message ...
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Unfortunately not.
I've been rounding up the more skittish beasts for a few days now.
Will be damned happy when the stupidity is done with.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat

Some shops sell them all year round - many people now use them for a
range of celebrations.

Some people like to make their own bang - especially when there are
no others.

Some people are obsessed with them and like to show they have money
to burn.

Nov 5th is hardly a special festival in the scheme of things.

I have just got back from China and witnessed there the most awesome
firework display I have ever seen. They really know how to make the
displays.

I went to Aldi & Morrisons on Sunday & ever so slightly 'overspent' a
little on fireworks for our Firework BBQ do.

My only preparations so far are

1. Chopping down the neighbours trees for the bonfire (yes I had permission)
2. Telling the girlfriend to get some booze and food in (she has my CC)
3. Inviting friends for the **** up

Everything made in China - but in this case where better? They
invented them!

H&S overkill all over the place, most had the warning that spectators
should be 25 metres away. How many suburban gardens are 25 metres +
long these days?

Thats only advice not a law.

And don't forget, a lit cig is the best way to light the fireworks.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/10/2010 21:14, Mike P the 1st wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

We very nearly had a container load of them go off last night. Someone
broke into four self-storage containers on a nearby industrial estate -
using something that peeled the heavy steel lock covers right off - and
set fire to the contents of three of them. It turned out that a load of
illegal fireworks were being stored in an adjacent container and gas
cylinders in the one next to that.

The estate was closed until lunchtime, until the Fire Brigade was sure
everything was safe. Now Trading Standards are taking a close interest
in the fireworks and the boys in blue are taking an interest in the
contents of some of the other containers affected.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Do they still sell the twopenny bangers and Magic Rousers?
Bonfire night reminds me of gunpowder, copper tube (flattened ends + a hole)
and Jetex fuse, or, copper tube (flattened one end + a hole) and ball
bearings, or...... nah, I must'nt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Que? Haven't seen my invitation, yet...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/10/2010 12:00 p.m., The Medway Handyman wrote:
I went to Aldi& Morrisons on Sunday& ever so slightly 'overspent' a little
on fireworks for our Firework BBQ do.

Everything made in China - but in this case where better? They invented
them!

H&S overkill all over the place, most had the warning that spectators should
be 25 metres away. How many suburban gardens are 25 metres + long these
days?

You probably aren't even allowed to throw Double Happys at the girls anymore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 Oct, 21:14, Mike P the 1st
wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) *?

Mike P the 1st

We get them all year where I live. At barbeques and birthday parties.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.audio,uk.tech.broadcast

In article
..com, alexander.keys1 scribeth thus
On 18 Oct, 21:14, Mike P the 1st
wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) *?

Mike P the 1st

More likely to be real fireworks, records don't have enough dynamic
range to reproduce the sound :-)

...unless anybody knows about sound systems that can?

We've got a Bloke called Pratto Fawkes lives a street away, real
firework enthusiast him, must be related to Guido Fawkes..

Any excuse for an earth shattering explosion at anytime of day any day
of the week and the council say they have to get him whilst doing
it;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/10/2010 23:29, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:18:59 +0100, Dave wrote:
Any chance your birthday is in January or February?

Sorry, June and July :-)

Both? Who are you, the queen?
:-)

I misread the question and posted my wife's and my own birthday.
Sorry to disappoint you, I have no royal connections :-((

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Thus spake harry ) unto the assembled multitudes:
On 18 Oct, 21:14, Mike P the 1st
wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

We get them all year where I live. At barbeques and birthday parties.

A chav family up the road from me set some off on Christmas night a few
years
ago. So much for 'Silent night, holy night'. :-(

--
Andy Clews
*** Remove DENTURES if replying by email ***

Your dislike will serve as an encouragement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

We get them all year where I live. At barbeques and birthday parties.

A chav family up the road from me set some off on Christmas night a few
years
ago. So much for 'Silent night, holy night'. :-(

What's wrong with fireworks for pagan festivals?

Fireworks (OT) John UK diy 27 October 21st 09 11:03 AM
Pioneer A-717 MkII keep making fireworks Livio Electronics Repair 1 August 15th 05 10:37 AM