Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT. First fireworks

On 18/10/2010 21:14, Mike P the 1st wrote:
I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

We very nearly had a container load of them go off last night. Someone
broke into four self-storage containers on a nearby industrial estate -
using something that peeled the heavy steel lock covers right off - and
set fire to the contents of three of them. It turned out that a load of
illegal fireworks were being stored in an adjacent container and gas
cylinders in the one next to that.

The estate was closed until lunchtime, until the Fire Brigade was sure
everything was safe. Now Trading Standards are taking a close interest
in the fireworks and the boys in blue are taking an interest in the
contents of some of the other containers affected.

Colin Bignell