Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default OT. First fireworks

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Mike P the 1st wrote:
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:37:51 +0100, "John"
gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

"Simon C." . wrote in message
news On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:14:45 +0100, Mike P the 1st
wrote:

I heard my first fireworks tonight ,, is this a record :-) ?

Mike P the 1st

Possibly. Were you playing Handel at the time?

I'll get me coat

Some shops sell them all year round - many people now use them for a
range of celebrations.

Some people like to make their own bang - especially when there are
no others.

Some people are obsessed with them and like to show they have money
to burn.

Nov 5th is hardly a special festival in the scheme of things.

I have just got back from China and witnessed there the most awesome
firework display I have ever seen. They really know how to make the
displays.

I went to Aldi & Morrisons on Sunday & ever so slightly 'overspent' a
little on fireworks for our Firework BBQ do.

My only preparations so far are

1. Chopping down the neighbours trees for the bonfire (yes I had
permission)
2. Telling the girlfriend to get some booze and food in (she has my CC)
3. Inviting friends for the **** up

Everything made in China - but in this case where better? They
invented them!

H&S overkill all over the place, most had the warning that spectators
should be 25 metres away. How many suburban gardens are 25 metres +
long these days?

Thats only advice not a law.

And don't forget, a lit cig is the best way to light the fireworks.

Do they still sell the twopenny bangers and Magic Rousers?
Bonfire night reminds me of gunpowder, copper tube (flattened ends + a hole)
and Jetex fuse, or, copper tube (flattened one end + a hole) and ball
bearings, or...... nah, I must'nt.