Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spare 'straws' for WD40

Inspired by the spare nozzle thread...

Can you buy the red straws separately for WD40?
At work we share a basement with the flat upstairs and if I ever leave my
straw in my can of WD40 it mysteriously disappears.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
Inspired by the spare nozzle thread...

Can you buy the red straws separately for WD40?
At work we share a basement with the flat upstairs and if I ever leave my
straw in my can of WD40 it mysteriously disappears.

Never fear, WD40 are on the case
http://www.wd40.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1449

--
Dave - WD40 Liberation Front.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , says...

"R D S" wrote in message
Inspired by the spare nozzle thread...

Can you buy the red straws separately for WD40?
At work we share a basement with the flat upstairs and if I ever leave my
straw in my can of WD40 it mysteriously disappears.

Never fear, WD40 are on the case
http://www.wd40.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1449

Great, now how do I stop the *cans* from disappearing - I reckon I've bought enough to have at
least a couple each in the house, garage and shed; but can I find one when I need it? Can I
buggery.

--
Halmyre

This is the most powerful sigfile in the world and will probably blow your head clean off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 4:13 am, Halmyre wrote:
In article , says...

"R D S" wrote in message
Inspired by the spare nozzle thread...

Can you buy the red straws separately for WD40?
At work we share a basement with the flat upstairs and if I ever leave my
straw in my can of WD40 it mysteriously disappears.

Never fear, WD40 are on the case
http://www.wd40.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1449

Great, now how do I stop the *cans* from disappearing - I reckon I've bought enough to have at
least a couple each in the house, garage and shed; but can I find one when I need it? Can I
buggery.

There are little gremlins who go around and pick up all your medium
screwdrivers and Crescents and pliers and pens and WD40, and hide
them. I'd like to fit RFID tracking devices to almost everything.
Where do I get 100,000 of them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Oct, 13:10, "R D S" wrote:
Inspired by the spare nozzle thread...

Can you buy the red straws separately for WD40?
At work we share a basement with the flat upstairs and if I ever leave my
straw in my can of WD40 it mysteriously disappears.

I found a bit of electrical sleeving with the right OD. Being
flexible, it has two advantages: (1) you can manipulate it to squirt
into hard-to-reach places and (2) you can coil it up inside the lid so
that it's not so visible.

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
Inspired by the spare nozzle thread...

Can you buy the red straws separately for WD40?
At work we share a basement with the flat upstairs and if I ever leave my
straw in my can of WD40 it mysteriously disappears.

Never fear, WD40 are on the case
http://www.wd40.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1449

Great, now how do I stop the *cans* from disappearing - I reckon I've bought enough to have at
least a couple each in the house, garage and shed; but can I find one when I need it? Can I
buggery.

There are little gremlins who go around and pick up all your medium
screwdrivers and Crescents and pliers and pens and WD40, and hide
them. I'd like to fit RFID tracking devices to almost everything.
Where do I get 100,000 of them?

When I worked for BT (or rather the GPO) many years ago I amassed
quite a collection of one particular screwdriver - a "Screwdrivers
Instrument No 4" with a blade length of 6" and width of 3/16". I
certainly didn't nick them from others (honestly!), but somehow seemed
to have 4 or 5 at any one time.

Occasionally we would have swap sessions where we would try to
regularise our allocated bits of kit.

I left BT in 1984. Since then they've changed a lot (virtually all!)
of their technology (electromagnetic for electronic then digital is
just one example) and I've since acquired loads of their redundant
hand tool stuff from ex-colleagues...I think I still have 4 or 5
Number four screwdrivers 8-)

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , says...

"R D S" wrote in message
[...]

A sudden thought crosses my mind - how many IKEA allen keys are there on planet Earth?

--
Halmyre

This is the most powerful sigfile in the world and will probably blow your head clean off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2010 19:03, Halmyre wrote:

A sudden thought crosses my mind - how many IKEA allen keys are there on planet Earth?

A couple less than there used to be. I habitually cut them off to stick
in my drill - all that twirling is too much like hard work!

Andy
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by R D S[_2_] View Post
Inspired by the spare nozzle thread...

Can you buy the red straws separately for WD40?
At work we share a basement with the flat upstairs and if I ever leave my
straw in my can of WD40 it mysteriously disappears.
YEP!! Check out this WD40 straw on ebay he wiesdonline | eBay

It's a 2 metre length of WD40 tube / straw, that you can then cut/trim to any length you want. Really handy for getting into hard to reach places!

Also - it fits nearly every other spray can you can think of out there - and even comes with a spare cap you can swap on to your can if the tube doesn't fit in the existing spray cap.

SpraySnake makes up to 13 replacement straws! (of 15cm/6" each)!
Junior Member

When I was into mountain biking as before I got a car. My friends and I all found the 5mm allen key and the 10mm spanner to be the bane of our lives.

You can fix almost everything with that combination. We even worked at Hal**** bike department and every bike came with a 5 , 6mm allen key. We had a spare draw full of 6mm but still could not find a 5mm.

Have a look and I promise you will not find a loose 5mm anywhere.

Cheers for the straw/snake idea. I have a few cans of dimitrol and waxoyl which could use replacements as they get clogged up easily when only using them occasionally.

WD40 or 3-in-one: which is better Andrei Semyon UK diy 24 July 1st 06 12:58 PM
WD40 - Penetrating oil ? Vince Home Repair 13 April 2nd 06 02:57 PM
WD40 on phone TT Electronics Repair 2 July 9th 05 11:27 AM
At last - a use for WD40 Stefek Zaba UK diy 11 March 31st 05 11:12 PM
WD40 Everything you wanted to know Gel UK diy 68 January 30th 05 12:58 AM