Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default chainsaw sharpener

Does anyone know of a rotory file mounted in a small jig that can be
powered by an electric drill to sharpen chainsaw blades.

Im sure ive seen one in the past but cant find one now.

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article ,
wrote:
Does anyone know of a rotory file mounted in a small jig
that can be powered by an electric drill to sharpen
chainsaw blades.

Im sure ive seen one in the past but cant find one now.

Chris

Most of the brico's in France have them, you might be able
to hire one from a hire shop or about 30 - 40 squids on ebay
or look at one of the 400,000 results on Google

--
John Mulrooney

If you're born again, do you have two bellybuttons?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30 Aug, 12:36, JTM wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

Does anyone know of a rotory file mounted in a small jig
that can be powered by an electric drill to sharpen
chainsaw blades.
Im sure ive seen one in the past but cant find one now.
Chris

Most of the brico's in France have them, you might be able
to hire one from a hire shop or about 30 - 40 squids on ebay
or look at one of the 400,000 results on Google

nah
search ebay for "carlton chain* sharp*" (take the quotes off but keep
the *s)
12v purpose made sharpener similarto dremel idea - works well and £24
posted 1st class...

Cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
" wrote:

Does anyone know of a rotory file mounted in a small jig that can be
powered by an electric drill to sharpen chainsaw blades.

Im sure ive seen one in the past but cant find one now.

I have a chainsaw sharpening kit for my Dremel. Works well and cheap.
(Try chainsaw sharpening dremel in Google)
--
John W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Weston" wrote in message
In article ,
" wrote:

Does anyone know of a rotory file mounted in a small jig that can be
powered by an electric drill to sharpen chainsaw blades.

Im sure ive seen one in the past but cant find one now.

I have a chainsaw sharpening kit for my Dremel. Works well and cheap.
(Try chainsaw sharpening dremel in Google)
--
John W

Seconded. The Dremel solution is what I use.

.....But don't mess around with a rechargeable Dremel. get a mains one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30 Aug, 12:20, wrote:
Does anyone know of a rotory file mounted in a small jig that can be
powered by an electric drill to sharpen chainsaw blades.

Allegedly Lidl had them last Thursday for 20 quid.

Damned if I can find a Lidl that has one though!

Jet Sharpener Neil Larson Woodworking 0 March 12th 07 07:18 PM
Chainsaw Usage Question From First Time Chainsaw User ? Robert11 Home Repair 17 November 9th 05 01:21 AM
Chainsaw Usage Question From First Time Chainsaw User ? Robert11 Home Repair 3 November 6th 05 11:39 PM
Chainsaw Usage Question From First Time Chainsaw User ? Robert11 Home Repair 0 November 6th 05 12:39 PM
Chainsaw sharpener from Lee Valley YJJim Woodworking 5 December 31st 03 03:29 AM