Robert11

Default Chainsaw Usage Question From First Time Chainsaw User ?

Hello:

Have just bought a gas powered chainsaw to try and cut up a tree trunk that
fell in my yard.
Not that large, but too much for a hand saw.

Have never used a chain saw before. Frankly, it scares the heck out of me;
not looking forward to using it.

Anyway, have this question:

It's been raining a bit here.
Should the trunk be "totally" dry before trying to cut it up, or, as the
rain water probably never
penetrates more than an inch or so, I would expect, it really doesn't matter
?

Or, does it ?

Would there be more chance of a "kickback" if wet ?

What should I probably be asking ?

Any hints would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob